i fuckin hate college

+1 for sure. Which fucks the people that took it for a reason. My brother for example. He got his BS in it recently and cant find a job without expierence, becase all the kids that just graduaited withoult half a brain work get a job fuck it up and get fired. so these jobs now need expierence for a requirement, becasue they are loosing money chancing it on noobs in the field.

my life plan was to either rob a bank, find a suit case full of 100s, or win the lottery

college wasnt in there though =/

+1 krazykid^ theres so many people in business…its getting to the point where you need some serious experience with a BS…or you need to go back to school for a masters. Its like that with a lot of majors…

I was reading somewhere that 20-30 yrs ago…getting a degree landing you a job because a lot people didn’t go to college . Now most people do have a degree and you need to step up to get the good jobs

Yup, even the CRJ field is getting that way. Alot of higher end jobs like the DEA/ATF(what Im looking to get into) require a 4yr+ degree as where years back alot of agencies required litte to no college comparativley speaking.

just an additional example…as much as most troopers are complete dicks…there pay is pretty great. You used to only have to have 2 yr worth of classes (not even a degree) to become a statey. In 08 they changed it to 4 yr degree just to apply.

i can haz business i started when i was 14? :ponder

something like that, good grades, and connections will set you apart from any random cholo doing the bare minimum in any field.

Fuck college. I wish I never wasted all the money I spent on it and the 3 years of my life wasted going there.

Both of my brothers never went and they have good jobs with plenty of opportunity for advancement.

To an extent. Construction is a good buisness, dont get me wrong, but they arent going to be making the same amount of money in 5-10yrs as an applied college grad will. Trust me, I had the same “Ill make my money now, fuck college” attitude as well when I came out of high school. After working 8 years in mostly labor-intensive jobs Ive realized that 9/10 of them are low level, dead end type jobs with little to no oppourtunity for future planning and advancement/retirement. Starting pay for what Im looking to get into is $61,XXX a year, and within 5 years that goes up to 70-75K with taking tests and doing well in the workforce.

I think where my brothers work tops out at about $25 an hour. Still good money and more than either of our parents make.

I know Im stuck in a dead end job now but maybe things would be different if I didnt go to college. I couldve gotten an apprenticeship or something. I couldve gotten one of those but I was already in college with a career in mind and unfortunately I decided that career wasnt what I wanted to do after doing it for a few years.

I couldve gotten a plumbing apprenticeship with a good word in from a guy I did some side work for at a plumbing supply place. Damn I kinda wish I had done that now. I dont even know what made me think of that because I had pretty much forgotten about that.

Going back to college is not an option for me anymore. I cant afford it and I know I wouldnt be able to pay attention enough to finish it. Id probably fall asleep alot.

y’all know where this gem is going

:rofl

Yeah but your/our parents arent going to have to live in this world when everything inflates and becomes more expensive 20+ years down the road. $25 an hr aint bad money, but is around $700/wk takehome after taxes for a 40hr week. Thats $48K before taxes a year, which is mid 30’s a year take home on avg. You can definately live on that, but when you have a house/cars/kids down the road money will be rather tight.

Like I said, Im not getting on anyones case about not going to college, its just not for some people, myself included a few years back! There are plenty of people who have become sucessful without degree’s, but it is harder and harder to do now days.

I hate college as well… but im dragging myself through it

Only asians REALLY enjoy college. Errobody else usually hates it :lmao

Well considering how much shit inflated since our parents were our ages theyve already lived thru that once.

My parents paid $58k for our house in '85. Now it would cost somewhere around $175k for the same house (what very similar houses in our hood are selling for).

Sure shits gonna get more expensive but eventually we’ll make more money too. My parents talk about making less than $2 an hour when they were younger. Now minimum wage is over $7 an hour.

Right now Im making a little less than $30k a year and really it kinda sucks.

Never too late to do anything dude. We have 40+ yr old people in school more than youd think! Or look into some of those internships again. You can always change shit dude

my older brother dropped out of college his last year. Biggest mistake he ever made. He works for about $25 an hour and it works…but now that he is married and has a baby, wife and owns a home it just isn’t enough. And he doesn’t have much room for growth in his job.

He’s 32 now and Hes been taking night classes in engineering for about two years. With his night classes and past credits he will be graduating this year…and making almost twice as much money.

no shit… ugghhhh i just gotta drag though it then

albany int. is hiring baggage checkers staring at 32/hr with benifitis, and its a government job so the benifits will be great, and there is TONS of growth. As long as you are taking classes (alteast 1) you can move up. and its staring at min of 32. you can start at between 32-98/hr iirc

baggage checkers are making that kind of cash??

sounds tempting…i want monies for projects…i cant wait to be out of college making tons of money and blow it all on toys! for at least a yr then ill look towards building a house :lol