i hate buffalo....

fuck you beat me to it. all the points i wanted to make.

but to reiterate- why not sell your sti, buy a civic for 3000, get great gas mileage, have low insurance and reliability on your side… then bitch about moving.

im sure your $400 monthly payment isn’t helping anything.

So is it the plethora of top-notch schools or advancing high-tech industry that makes you claim that the people here are dumb?

Is it all the free concert series that makes the city suck? The clean air? Oh that’s right, it smells. Somewhere. I live in Tonawanda and my air is always nice and fresh. :gotme: Is it the lack of crime? The waterfront with a ton of potential? The lack of bad traffic?

Whole lot of excuses up in here. Life is what you make of it. If you feel victimized in Buffalo, the odds are pretty good you’re going to feel victimized by whatever city you’re in. If you’ve figured out a way to claim that a $30k sports car is saving you money (wow) then there’s probably no challenge in finding a way to blame a city for your own problems.

Whatever dude. Hate on. Get out. I wish you well.

:myngga:

there are nice places elsewhere, but this place isnt that bad.

incorrect

I dislike upstate/western NY almost as much as I dislike FL

Which is no where near what most other places currently have, and top-notch schools is questionable

Is it all the free concert series that makes the city suck?

Welcome to any decent size city, shit clearwater, st. pete and tampa all have their own

The clean air? Oh that’s right, it smells. Somewhere. I live in Tonawanda and my air is always nice and fresh.

There is better but there is much much worse

Is it the lack of crime? The waterfront with a ton of potential? The lack of bad traffic?

Those are correct

Whole lot of excuses up in here. Life is what you make of it. If you feel victimized in Buffalo, the odds are pretty good you’re going to feel victimized by whatever city you’re in. If you’ve figured out a way to claim that a $30k sports car is saving you money (wow) then there’s probably no challenge in finding a way to blame a city for your own problems.

Whatever dude. Hate on. Get out. I wish you well.

I completely disagree with this statement, but don’t bitch about it be proactive and get the fuck out, its really not that hard to do

LOL for thinking pittsburgh has a good economy… where else do you think has a good economy? Cleveland?

You claim to be intelligent, yet you drive an STi, complain about money and can’t find a good job. Buffalo has just as many opportunities in most industries (if not more, due to lack of competition) as anywhere else, but you need to know where to look, be willing to network, and actually be good at what you do. If you really have money problems, sell your car, buy a used civic and move.

The Grass is always greener on the other side, huh? How many people on this forum have moved away and moved back already? I lived in pittsburgh for two years, btw.

And holy shit, Dos is moving to LA? This is proof that Buffalo is truly Rising. :stuck_out_tongue:

the only thing good about buffalo are the suburbs

Buffalo has it’s up’s and down’s so far from my experience of living here. I in no way plan to live her the rest of my life, but it is a decent stop along the way.

I love it when people bitch about no IT jobs here :lol:

WOW.

Oh, and your justifying your cost savings by owning an STi leads me to believe you attended the Mikes98RT school of finance.

eh got the car for 25K and pay 88/mo for full coverage…not much more than your average econobox

i didn’t say i couldn’t find a good job…its not the job, i just dont like the city in general

and i dont have money problems…i can afford what i have, just not enough to pick up and move

Im actually trying to stay here. My Fiance just finished dosimetry school at roswell, her job is so high in demand anywhere but in Buffalo. I have the chance to move anywhere in the U.S. but we want to stay here. She could be making $120,000 starting off anywhere else in the states but we really want to raise a fmily here.

one reason buffalo is great!!!the food!!wont get food like buffalos anywhere else!!

the people here are the main problem.

and i’ll be joining the moved-away crew shortly.

fuck this city.

:lol:

I really like buffalo. But the biggest part of that is the people. This really is a good place to raise a family since there are way way way worse cities for crime/traffic/pollution and other things.

If you want to move so bad but can’t afford a big move, maybe try looking around places that aren’t really far. Maybe the finger lakes region, it’s really nice there with plenty to do during the summer.

Start looking for jobs elsewhere and maybe you’ll get lucky with a great paying job. your not going to find shit unless you look. don’t just sit there and complain.

best thing i ever did moving to san diego, i absolutely love it here. SO much to do, and a lot of potential as well. not saying it’s a sick job, but moving out here with just some bank and no job i started at verizon, now a mgr making decent money for a kid and i have no money problems what so ever. even before i got this position it’s no that much more expensive except for the housing.

also, i just came back to buffalo to visit friends and family. while i was there, besides seeing people and spending time with them i was bored cause there’s not much to do there. i think my 3rd day visiting i missed cali, and i’ve only been here for 8 months. if you want something enough, you’ll move. believe me.

WRONG. when i was there, i didn’t really eat much. just got the quick fixes out of the way and that was it.

trader joes is a sick grocery store here, lots of organic and really healthy shit. for amazing burgers, ho-dads and in and out. mexican? ANYWHERE. especially pokez. i could eat carne asada anything everyday. seafood out here is so damn fresh, and the sushi is amazing as well. little italy is pretty sweet too, little more baller but damn good. lots of thai and greek. not forget to mention the endless kinds of beer too: fat tire, red trolley, oktoberfest, arrogant bastard, dos esuis, hefeweizen, sapporo, sierra neveda, racer 5, pacifico, modelo, tecate, kona, and so on…

wait, your kidding, right??

NYS has some of the worse public schools in this country, minus the magnet schools. Regents are a joke, and if you look at the test they have been made easier do more people receive “Passing” grades. Most standardized testing results are artificially inflated. You want to raise intelligent kids move to MA, CA, IL or specifically NYC.

Upstates is not the ideal place to raise a family, it might be fine/decent enough for the 18-28 crowd, but there would be know way I would let my children step foot in a public school in upstate/WNY

i heart your beer list, you list specific brews, breweries and then generic beers, and you can get every single one of those beers if you know where to go.

^^true statement. but i like walking in absolutely anywhere and having such a great selection of ales. haha

Fucking DING!, we have a winner