i hate buffalo....

^ because so many places offer Grammar as a major

http://picturebook.chattablogs.com/archives/images/06_02_11.jpg

[quote=“nappy1380,post:7,topic:29336"”]

I hate it here. The city COULD be something, but the third grade politics that are rampant throughout the state and city prevent Buffalo from growing and developing. Personally I will be relocating to Pittsburgh, PA once I graduate. It is a Buffalo style city, blue collar and also a steel town. The difference is Pittsburgh is booming with plenty to do and a rapidly expanding waterfront and attractions. Was just there this past weekend and will also be back a few more times this summer.

[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

that’s funny. Pitt is about as depressed as buffalo is, difference is, people for the most part AREN’T leaving buffalo, they ARE leaving pitt. Only old people and college kids in Pitt are moving it. Every other sector is shit.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:22,topic:29336"”]

[/quote]

again…

mr tuna can

Buffalo isn’t that bad…there’s actually a lot going on if you look in the right places. I grew up in Minneapolis, which is one of the more well like cities around…and I’ve found that my transition to WNY has been much easier than I thought (3 years ago). Good people here (for the most part), big city feel without the population, plenty of outdoor activities year round, traffic is never THAT bad…

Grass could always be greener somewhere else, but it could be much worse too.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:21,topic:29336"”]

^ because so many places offer Grammar as a major

[/quote]

what?

On a side note, i grew up around NYC and currently live here again after a 6.5 year stint in Buffalo.

I love so much about Buffalo, it’s a very good city to get comfy in and just chill, people are generally nice, it’s rather diverse, it has history, it has potential, but it’s kinda stuck in a rut. It’s not going anywhere, but it’s not really regressing either.

However, if you really want to expand your resume and grab some great experience (both work… and real world/life)… you gotta move out… but that can be said for a lot of cities.

I loved Buffalo, mainly because of the people, and the abundance of things to do to just plain ol’ chill… but if you want to do something with your life, more than likely you want to move away.

Of course, I’m not saying you can’t do it, it’s just easier elsewhere, and depends on your definition of “doing something with your life.”

Well put by Howardo…on a side note did u get my paypal?

[quote=“Daddie,post:27,topic:29336"”]

However, if you really want to expand your resume and grab some great experience (both work… and real world/life)… you gotta move out… but that can be said for a lot of cities.

Of course, I’m not saying you can’t do it, it’s just easier elsewhere, and depends on your definition of “doing something with your life.”

[/quote]

EXACTLY…i dont have the finances to move anytime soon so i’m fucked basically

Hey man, I want to move out of Buffalo too. But it’s not because Buffalo is a shithole. California seems to be more my style but it’s way too expensive.

The southern coast blows. I don’t care how many hot chicks you see on a daily basis, or how nice everything looks, the humidity is fucking unbearable. I’m not a fan of waking up at 8am and having ball sweat dripping on the front porch from just 10 steps to grab the mail.

well i’ve lived personally in atlanta for almost 5 years, phili for almost 4…so the heat i dont mind at all really

[quote=“ly555is,post:3,topic:29336"”]

bold statement with 2983892398 unlisted valid reasons

[/quote]

your edits>most people’s posts.

[quote=“Skurge,post:29,topic:29336"”]

[/quote]

No, that’s a cop out statement.

Find a job, move.

If you really wanted to move, you wouldn’t have… an STi…

People with 86 rusted out civics and cavaliers that are on welfare are in a financial bind. You just choose to not be responsible with your finances in terms of saving to move.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:30,topic:29336"”]

Hey man, I want to move out of Buffalo too. But it’s not because Buffalo is a shithole. California seems to be more my style but it’s way too expensive.

The southern coast blows. I don’t care how many hot chicks you see on a daily basis, or how nice everything looks, the humidity is fucking unbearable. I’m not a fan of waking up at 8am and having ball sweat dripping on the front porch from just 10 steps to grab the mail.

[/quote]

You do sweat a lot. You should see this guy’s tshirts he wears at the gym. His armpit areas are discolored.

lol

[quote=“Skurge,post:29,topic:29336"”]

[/quote]

i dont have much money either, but i am flying out to LA tomorrow for interviews and pretty sure i got one. you should do the same

[quote=“Daddie,post:34,topic:29336"”]

You do sweat a lot. You should see this guy’s tshirts he wears at the gym. His armpit areas are discolored.

lol

[/quote]

And once I realized that, I went with spandex.

[quote=“Daddie,post:33,topic:29336"”]

No, that’s a cop out statement.

Find a job, move.

If you really wanted to move, you wouldn’t have… an STi…

[/quote]

not really either way my school bills add up to enough to keep me firmly planted…yes the STI would help…but actually it works out cheaper than my last cars(protege5’s) cause the insurance i pay is NOTHING on this car comparativley

in short…getting the STI SAVED me money…thats right i said SAVED

howie’s got it

sell your ride man

gotta compromise somewhere :slight_smile:

you are NOT fucked.

EDIT: oh come on now. that’s like going off saying that your new '03 454 truck is a sound financial decision :roll: so a '90s used civic wouldn’t be cheaper?

[quote=“9c1,post:18,topic:29336"”]

Hope that degree isn’t in grammar.

[/quote]

It’s a car forum, who cares :bloated:

[quote=“Daddie,post:23,topic:29336"”]

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

that’s funny. Pitt is about as depressed as buffalo is, difference is, people for the most part AREN’T leaving buffalo, they ARE leaving pitt. Only old people and college kids in Pitt are moving it. Every other sector is shit.

[/quote]

Not really, there is a ton of expansion and you said people aren’t moving out of Buffalo?! Maybe you got confused and meant NYC lol. People sure are moving out of Buffalo. It’s at a stand still right now but thats because everyone who didnt already own property or have a career here have already left!! Pittsburgh is expanding in almost every area so please give me an example of desperation or that only old and college people are driving the city.

Stick to knowledge about NYC because that might be the only area you know.

[quote=“Skurge,post:37,topic:29336"”]

in short…getting the STI SAVED me money…thats right i said SAVED

[/quote]

No car saves you money. Some just use up less, and if a financial bind is keeping you in a city you hate, then maybe you should think about getting an older/cheaper car and getting rid of a payment all together.

I just noticed your location (Tonawanda). No wonder you hate ‘Buffalo’. Tonawanda is one giant Walmart and instant lotto ticket line.

Personally I love it here, but I live downtown.