Buffalo 2nd Best City To Relocate to w/ Buffalo Pro and Con & Citv vs. Burb Position!

Despite all the negative threads about Buffalo. It seems we were ranked #2 to relocate to. Hmm.

that whole list is super weird…

Nice to read some good press for once re. this town…personally, I love it here…

^Same. I think generally the people are great, food is great, and the cost of living is relatively low…It’s not perfect but I like it.

I would argue that if you lived in Cali or somewhere else and owned a 400-500k house you can buy something similar here for 200’s

However taxes would rape you over time

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

What cost of living is cheap in NY?

housing?!

Good people, good food, no career opportunity?

Depends how you look at it?

Buy 150k house here pay 5k in taxes

Buy 300k house somewhere else and pay 3-4k in taxes

I spent sometime in Omaha this year and having been to most of those places its a really good balance.

I’m looking at properties in Ohio right now, and loving the property taxes. I’d much rather pay more for a house and less for taxes.

not sure if srs.

Compare owning a home here to somewhere else…

Property/school taxes

Health insurance

Heating costs

Gas prices

Food prices

etc

I like living in Buffalo but low cost of living is myth.

This. I mean, its not NYC level, but the taxes just rape us every year and we keep taking it. A friend of mine just bought a $200k house in amherst/snyder, over $8k in taxes each year. Another friend bought a $200k house in Raleigh, taxes are $1200/year.

Where is “Ohama”?

Seems to be spelled right currently :lol:

Owning a home here is cheaper, rents are generally less expensive. Costs of general services seem to be cheaper too. At my current household income, I doubt that I’d own 2 homes if I still lived around Albany.

Granted, I’m comparing this to the Capital District, but where have you lived that those costs are so much less than here? Personally, I’ve found it to be quite a bit cheaper, and out of town friends and family seem to agree(from Maryland, Central Florida, California, etc).

Complain about taxes all you want, but I think you get what you pay for.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I don’t think you can’t really compare the taxes in NC to NY. Most of it’s newer construction, and they don’t have nearly the same infrastructure maintenance and service costs down there.

When you compare Buffalo against California and Maryland/NoVA area and you’re not taking pay into perspective it skews everything.

I lived in VA for a while and average pay is much higher

Who cares the reason behind why taxes are lower? At the end of the day its cheaper.

Property taxes in some parts of Texas are high but there is also no state income tax.

I travel a ton for work and the discussion about cost of living in Buffalo always comes up then we discuss average taxes and other costs and people change their mind quickly.

Wait, really?! Tell me more on how this works. <3

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

At the end of the day, everywhere I’ve ever gone for work/play, I’d rather live here. Call me nuts, but the only downside of WNY is how gross 8/10 of the girls are.

I would maybe consider living in Texas, but I feel like I’d probably be the smartest guy in my neighborhood.

“No job/career opportunities”. Yeah, because the rest of the country is doing so well right now.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I’ve been entertaining a lot of ladies as of recent and I can attest that out of the 2/10 non gross looking girls, .25/2 of them still have issues (I.E. - body hair). AKA Issues that would earn them a teeth kicking in a place other than Buffalo.

404 logic not found. join debate about cost of living in buffalo VS other areas and then say you cant compare NY to NC…

I remember someone was bitching at a conference about property taxes. I piped up that I paid $6000/year and they all assumed I lived in a $1,000,000 house lol

LOL, all i can think about is Shallow Hal when that hottie had that horrible toe