i hate cell phones

my screen on my flip-up phone completely died today. it has been acting weird lately. i went to the verizon store last week to see about geting a new phone. it turns out that my plans contract is up at the end of october. i was told to try to ‘hang in tere’ til then cause it was gonna cost me like $260 for just a phone if i got it now. but if i wait to renew my plan then i can get it for considerably less money. so today my screen dies and im kinda screwed. i grabbed an older phone off of my friend (who just got a new phone). can i just have them activate that phone and turn mine off? also, will my phone book transfer over, cause now that my screen has gone dead i cant see any of my numbers to enter them in another phone…this sucks. :jerkit: :mad: :madfawk: :greddy: :weak:

i think they can get the numbers out, but you may have to reenter them all. and yes they can activat an old phone.

is it an LG? i have trouble with mine turning off when i open it or close it or just grab it sometimes.

You won’t loose any of your numbers - They can transfer them

no, its this one
http://store.infosonics.com/photos/AXCDM-8600-2T.jpg

i mean its like 2 years old, but i took good care of it and it was dropped like 3 times total. i dont really care that much that its on the outs, but it figures the things had to go completley black on me a month and a half before i qualify for a new phone. so i guess ‘hangin in there’ isnt really an option now

Logging into Verizonwireless.com you can activate/deactivate phones and modify your plan withou any intervention

only if the phone is gsm comp. and has a sim card or if you know someone there that is nice that will actually do it for you…most of the time all they will do is print out your list for your or transfer if its the same exact phone. It all depends on ur attitude and who ur dealing with.

i dont mind re-typing it in if i have to. i just dont want to completely lose them.

1. yes they have a computer that can transfer your phone numbers from one phone to another.

2. LG= LOW GRADE

3. verizon sucks balls

and 4. LG= LOW GRADE.

motorola > all other manufacturers except for treo 650 and RIM.

call them and tell them you want and IMEI swap to another phone and they will do it. but make sure they are not extending your contract otherwise your screwed for another 2 years. make it clear you dont want a contract extension!!!

just be careful switching stuff. they dont tell you it starts your contract over. i would go into the store, not do anything online, because usually no matter what you do with them, it starts your contract over

ya, i’ll try to make that clear. the weird thing was is that they were gonna just give me a brand new phone exactly like the one i have to use until my contract expires. the only thing was that they had to order the phone and it would take alittle bit. i figured, ‘well i can deal w/ my screen acting up for a couple weeks, i’ll be ok’ sure enough, 3 days later my screen goes completely blank. :mad:

cell phones are for liberal pussies.

is it loose at the hinge at all? usually on a flip phone if there is any give on the hinge, the wire that runs up the side can get damaged or pinched, causing the whole LCD to go blank. I see it everyday at work, and sometimes people dont even realize that its actually broken. Most times it happens from people talking with the phone wedged between their head and shoulder, causes pressure on the hinge and makes it bend backwards.

thats what it seemed like was happening, cause it would scramble everyonce in awhile, then slowly got worse from there. actually what i did the past few days, is when i’d initially turn the phone on, i’d leave it open on my desk cause it would work fine then. it was when i’d close it/open it back up is when it would act up. everything seems tight but im pretty sure somewhere inside the wire going up to the screen either broke or came loose.

watch they don’t try and charge u for the transfer they had a sign up in the monroeville store when i was there last it was like 10.00 to switch ur numbers over…