I hate Microsoft.

Fuck Bill Gates in his stupid ass. With a tire iron. I made the fucking mistake of buying a WinXP laptop instead of a G4 Powerbook… :doh:. I’ve had this thing for a year now and it’s a fucking nightmare. I just installed some “critical updates” from Microsoft’s site and it completely fucked my drivers, network settings, and a bunch of other shit! :mad: :madfawk: :mad: :madfawk: :mad: :madfawk:

Fuck this fucking piece of shit… I’m going to buy myself a PowerBook for my birthday.

haha…

apples are ultra-ghey… pc’s are fine if you know what you are doing…

i know what i’m doing. i fixed what the “updates” fucked up. it pisses me off that every “update” fucks my computer up and i have to reinstall drivers + redo my wireless network settings… then the computer would “see” the wireless network, and it would let me click “connect”, but it wouldn’t connect. i guess ninth time’s the charm, because it mysteriously worked that time.

All I use a PC for is web-browsing, Unreal Tournament, and downloading MP3s/videos… I might as well get a Mac.

i have xp its gay

if you enabled a static wep on your wireless router, pc based settings are obsolete… just the driver for the wireless router.

windows xp is not gay…windows ME is gay… windows xp sucks.

just wait for red hat desktop… by far the most user friendly linux kernel out… plus it’s going to integrate microshaft crap so that users don’t post up on message boards bitching about their computer when they don’t know how to fix something :tounge:

I have WEP disabled and authentication open. This thing usually sees the router as soon as I pull in the driveway. XP is great in theory, but terrible in practice. I miss 98SE. As for Red Hat, I have a laptop… Will I be able to find drivers for everything?

make them…

i don’t know how to write drivers

x2

thats is whats on my laptop, its sooo gay

me sucks… linux drivers are able to be made… but the NEW* version of red hat desktop will be compatible… no release date as of yet… sometime within the month or so…

my LX sucks also its got a bad driver

too much :shaggy: ? i know i can’t drive too baked…

why drink and drive when you can fly home!

:hsdance:

:gives: :1320:

I have xp on all 5 of my pc’s/laptops and never had a major problem.

What does bill gates have to do with you jacking up your drivers? It’s not like he writes the code or something. Don’t blame him cause he knows how to make a ton of money. :slight_smile: :1320:

WinXP is by far the best OS they have released, and well just cause your laptop blows up cause you have 1000 different poorly written programs and other things on your laptop doesn’t mean it’s his fault.

Here’s a hit about windowsupdate.microsoft.com:

NEVER EVER UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS FROM IT. Different manufacturers do different things to some cards, so generic drivers don’t typically work for some things. Laptops are espicially bad about this…

So when updating drivers: GO TO THE MANUFACTURER OF YOUR LAPTOP!

Powerbooks are even worse if you have the ID 10 T error a lot…

Fedora you mean?

Redhat no longer gives out a supported desktop product, which is total fucking bullshit. And if you have seen the prices/restrictions on their product line it’s total crap too…

Supporting clueless stupid users is much easier on Windows cause at least they have somewhat of a clue. Try walking them through linux stuff is somewhat a major pain in the ass…

hehe… i know linux troubleshooting is a pain in the ass… thank god i don’t do that shit anymore…

but they are releasing the Red Hat Desktop (yet to be named as far as i know)… but it’s going to be a more ‘universal’ desktop that is primarily going to be sold to schools, corporations and whatnot… i read an article in cnn about it and linux basically said “we don’t care if consumers buy it, mainly because we don’t want to deal with bullshit” … so it’s not for the public, being opensource makes it easy to get and modify.

i personally like linux, soi’ll play with it… but i can’t say that it’s for everyone.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/biztech/05/04/linux.desktop.ap/index.html