I Hate Xp!

My computer runs like crap! I have a Dell Dimension 2400 thats around a year old. It ran great when I first got it, since then my little brother was allowed on the computer and would download more bullsh*t than you could imagine. All kind of spyware and java crap so he could play stupid games. I tried to reinstall xp and it just installed another copy! I lost all my music, vids, progs. everything.

How can I start from scratch? I want XP off the computer, and I want it back like it was when I first got it. I tried to format the drive and it said drive locked!!! GRRRR!!!

-j

and you hate xp why? because you couldn’t get rid of spyware you hate the os?

Because it will not let me start from scratch. I can’t remove XP. I hate spyware, but atleast with win98 I could just remove/reinstall and start over.

-j

i like xp

i like XP just sue the discs that came with ur dell system and follow the instructions.then when u get everything up and running download microsoft antispyware it will remove all that shit

I prefer Win 2000… XP is okay, but not great.

boot to a windows 98se cd and go into unattended dos mode

type cd\ windows
then type
format c: /s /q

then press y

xp will be gone

A Dimension 2400??? It probably has the BARE minimum to run that OS.

i run xp flawlessly on a 333mhz laptop with 192meg of RAM

the Dimension 2400 has a minimum 2.4ghz celeron

obvious user error

i run xp on a p2 233 w 64… talk about bare minimum.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Logo.gif

ha!

but how many open progs at once till it runs like a pig? and a 2.4ghz celeron prolly clocks closer to 1.5ghz or even lower…i wouldnt know off hand but intel always clocks slow esp that crap ass of a processor celeron

theres always MINIMUM requirements to run…then theres the RECOMMENDED ones… :bigthumb:

celerons are fucking garbage… this is well known.

I dont think Im running a celeron. Im running a 2.20ghz pent. 4. 256mb ram. And I’ve seen snails move faster than this thing…

-j

More ram.

/thread.

You must have a shit load of spyware/adware on that thing. I had the same exact setup and mine ran flawlessy until i switched over to Server 2k3. Have you tried to run a spyware remover like ad-aware and such you’ll probably have to run it for a week straight but it will get the job done