I have an experiment for anyone who didn't think the plane will take off

That bird looks like Jam when he is confused…

Whenever I think of this problem, I just use a harrier jet and it takes off :slight_smile:

I don’t know how i missed both of these threads.

Didn’t wetworks turn out to be that douchebag cubancrisis?

the plane wont take off. a plane works off the idea that the wings moving though air and the angle of the wings creats lift. ait moving over the wings is created by the jet pushing the plane forward. you can get the plane going as fast as u want, but thew fact of the matter is, it still takes air moving over the wings to take off.

heres i possibly the simplest way to prove this:
next time you are in your car at a stoplight, hold your hand out the window so its fat and your palm in parallel with the street. tilt your hand back. nothing happens. when you start moving, and are up to a decent speed, do the same thing, your hand wants to move upards.

hahaha… shut up.

on a more serious/technical note…that’s not how a plane works (pressure differentiation)… which is forced by airmovement and in this case, is not affected by the wheels in the slightest bit. the plane takes off.

You mean a plane DOES work by pressure differentiation right?

Do you ever listen to yourself when you talk?

It takes off… why isn’t this locked like the other one?

word.

he tried, but he got confused and just kept repeating himself for an hour. :rofl:

What does it say in the corner of that vid?
FuzyFish: I’m _____ Deal with it
please fill in the blank

Yes It Will. How can you not see that. The wheels do not drive the plane, let that soak in for a minute…The wheels do not drive the plane…OK now think for a minute. Using the Matchbox car theory, If you were to fire up the tread mill to lets say 20MPH or 200MPH(speeds not important) and then hold the matchbox car on it… Now imagine your hand is the jet engine providing thrust… could you push the car forward against the treadmills surface?..Yes, you could, because the Matchbox cars wheels are not driving it, the jet engine(your hand) is driving it. You could push the car against the treadmills surface because you are pushing it, not the cars wheels, Now do you see? No mater how fast you spin the treadmill. It will not effect the plane because its wheels do not provide any thrust. And another thing… Has anyone actually seen “wetworks” degree, because well, if he has one, I am done with flying.

correct, not the “angle of the wings” as i was quoting.

I lol’d

:wstupid: :repost: :poke:

"I’m tired deal with it. "

There was a message above that explaining some technical issues but it disappeared before I started recording.

For those that didn’t see it:

http://users.adelphia.net/~cdabable/test2.avi

Thank you, for clearing that up, now if we can somehow teach people that that wheels don’t make the plane move forward, we would be in good shape.

We’ve been trying for a few months… it will never sink in for some people. They will be doomed to a life a mediocrity thinking that the plane won’t take off :bloated:

i think im understanding the oringinal question wrong. according to the way i understood it my theory is correct (?). for some reason i thought that the tradmill would equal the speed of the plane in an opposite direction so the the plane would be stationary and was expected to lift off the treadmill somehow. i was unaware of the face the the plane was ‘allowed’ to still move forward on the tradmill. or am i still wrong?

thats what i thought… if the planes Speed over ground = 0 the plane would not lift … the way it is worded by 01audis4 makes sense though if the plane was able to reach a speed > xxx mph

Headasplode!

The wording does through a lot of people off.