I have Zero ideas about bikes or associated values..NEED HELP!

People keep trying to trade you shit however :lol:

LT1 F-body :lol: :lol:

beat ass bike :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can pick up a older evo on trade? seems like a cross over market for a lexus.

junk dont do it

Try is different than succeed.

I ask the questions on here because I dont know what I do not know and I do not want to assume so I figure there are enough people on here familiar with market trends/cars/bikes/trucks that I do not know the true market value of.

If I was 100% Oh Shit, that is cool, I want it…then I wouldnt care about the $

TTT

Still have the lexus and yet another trade offer for something I know very little about.

Details:

Orange County Chopper Built
1977 Harley Iron Head Motor 1000cc
12k on the odometer
New Electronic Ignition and Sprockets
Rims are apparently new and about 1k each
Blue with alot of chrome…some scallops and a cowboy on a horse airbrush on the tank.
Paughco Rigid frame

Pics:

http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o690/KyleB25/ResizedImage951389205974851_zps5d1863c8.jpg

http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o690/KyleB25/ResizedImage951389205965985_zps22caa33b.jpg

http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o690/KyleB25/ResizedImage951389205956050_zpsd295405d.jpg

Also have a few vids of it…sounds strong…good lope…very standard Harley Sound IMO.

What do you bike knowledgeable guys think this is worth and would any of you be interested in buying it?

3-4k and not a chance.

What is that based on? I am only curious since I know nothing about them.

I don’t have a clue, but i’d take Walkers words with some weight. He knows his way around the old Harleys.

If it were me, I wouldn’t.

I agree. I am glad he responded. I am just curious why some bring a ton of money and some are very cheap. Never hurts to get a little education

ok so i was pressed for time when i initially responded so ill dive in with some more detail here…

ironheads.
one of harleys longest running production engines and prob one of the least desireable.
commonly referred to as “troubleheads” because you usually end up spending more time working on them than riding.
regardless the basic core of the bike to start with isnt anything special.
electronic ignition is a plus at least.
i cant make out what carb is on there either?

frame and title issues.
so being a 77 it should have a swingarm harley frame that will have the vin stamped into the headtube AND the engine. without the vin stamped frame youre going to run into title issues unless its already titled in NY as a special construction. if it is still a harley title the seller should have an MSO (manufacture’s statement of origin) for the frame which comes with all paughco frames to begin with. that way if you take it to get inspected and they hit you with not having the proper frame you will bet your ass you need that MSO to show the DMV inspection station.

front end.
its a bigtwin front end retrofitted to a sportster. basically just looks ridiculous on there. the front end itself isnt really that bad. a lot of guys look for wideglides and lots of those same guys love shiney stuff lol.

the wheels.
looks like a standard 21 front wheel off a newer bike. the rear is def an upgrade since i dont think ironheads ever came with rear discs and its not a big twin wheel since the driveline is on the right side. perhaps nabbed from the same parts bike the front wheel came from. regardless $1k each is ludacris and if he did pay that im willing to bet he has more money than sense.

exhaust.
looks like some standard lame catalog purchase that belongs on a early 2000 long bike with a 300 series rear wheel.

tank/fenders/light/sissy/seat/bars/controls
nothing really special here. just shiney stuff.

if this in fact is a OCC bike i really cringe at what they charged this dope to slap this together.
at the end of the day i stand by my 3-4k assessment for current real market value

• Updated - - -

and to chime in on this.

money bikes are vintage big twins.

the older they are the better, and obviously the untouched ones bring the most cash. (think barn finds)
aside from the early early early production stuff (1900-1930’s) you want to look for these…

Flathead, 1930–1948 (1,200 cc) and 1935–1941 (1,300 cc).
Knucklehead, 1936–1947 61 cubic inch (1,000 cc), and 1941–1947 74 cubic inch (1,200 cc)
Panhead, 1948–1965 61 cubic inch (1,000 cc), and 1948–1965, 74 cubic inch (1,200 cc)
Shovelhead, 1966–1984, 74 cubic inch (1,200 cc) and 80 cubic inch (1,338 cc) since late 1978

Walker nailed it. And 1k a piece for wheels. Lol

This is why I ask you guys.

Thank you. I would have just “assumed” that Harley and O.C.C would be names of perceived value.

Fuck no

• Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to state reason - Because it’s slow and ugly. Slow is a fact, ugly is my personal opinion

I can build you a cooler bike than that for 4k. Without all the Erie county fair air brushing.