I just lost my largest customer to China.

Yeah but you can on airplanes. Strange huh.

It’s all about variables in cost and engineering. Some things are better done in the US - namely short-turnaround, high complexity design and machining work, etc.

Mind you, many “high-quality” things are made in China, too. Example: how many people consider their iPods a POS?

sure you can the end product will still be rubble…

I just love it bean counters and…

Exactly. We have morons running this country.

I do :redface:

The question is more about how often will you have to service the machine that makes the rubble… lol

Are we talking about average consumers? Or people that stop to consider this topic?

Eitherway, I do - and I refuse to own one. :slight_smile:

apparently downtime for airlines is less costly to the company than downtime for mining companies.

:wave:

I can’t believe I forgot to mention that back a few years ago when the manufacturing jobs were leaving people were saying, “Don’t worry about manufacturing jobs, we can all work in the service sector.”
Fast forward to your post.
Bank jobs going over seas.
I just had to mention that, I am not blaming anyone, just pointing out the facts.

yup, sad reality unfortunately

LOL - ok. But Apple does own 70% of the market for portable music players… and that was facilitated by the use of Chinese manufacturing.

And then again, one other thing that this recession has helped - it’s made the dollar’s value tank (record lows against the Euro and Yen), which means that America is becoming a global “low-cost producer”… so much so that VW is thinking of building plants in the US.

Unfortunately, China pegs its currency to the dollar, so there’s no help there.

Good and scary read so far.

Apples market share is more the result of marketing then it is of chinese manufacturing.

There is no astounding profit made on the equipment itself.

Wow. Scumbag Americans really will do anything to fill their wallets. Don’t ever let me run into you.

im just here to say ipods are gay

Americans who are obsessed with their bottom line are the main reason that jobs have to be outsourced.

yes, you’re right, shame on me for having a good job. If you worked in my company I’d send your job tomorrow. oh noez internet threats

oh ya…and you must not have read the sentence following the one you decided to quote