No good paying jobs in Noth America?

Do you guys find it is hard to find a good paying job in Noth America?

This is why!!!

>Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN)

>for 6am. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with

>his>electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN

SRI>LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE

IN >KOREA).>After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN

INDIA) >he>sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much

he could>spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the

radio (MADE IN>INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS

from Saud i>Arabia and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN

JOB. At the end>of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his

Computer (Made >In>Malaysia)(with tech support in INDIA), Joe decided to

relax for a while. He>put on his sandals (MADE! IN BRAZIL) poured himself a

glass of wine (MADE >IN>FRANCE! France!!) and turned on his TV(MADE IN

INDONESIA), and then >wondered>why he can’t find a good paying job in…

AMERICA…

clever, very clever old chap.

I know, but it is true!!!

I guess Joe Smith should of gone to school?

Not all of that is true.

ever heard of fair trades?

yeah i think he needs to go to school or graduate from high school? there are plenty of high paying jobs in north america. the factory jobs are the not so good paying jobs that are in other country’s. If those jobs were here everything we buy would be alot more expensive. But still there are lots of high paying jobs, heck im in school to be a firefighter. A firefighter level 1 after 5 years is making 80 000…thats not bad eh?

I am laughing…at the fact that this joke went over everyone’s head.

Yea I heard about fair trade!!, but how many jobs are we going to ship out?

Just look at the jobs here in Toronto, some companies are paying less wages than they did in 2000. The company I am working for took 10% away from the workers pay and are demanding more from us.

No offense…but maybe its time for you to find a new job wages going down is BS don’t work for a company like that.

lol, my company has been going up since i started. never a decrease. and i also get a yearly bonus and whatnot.
its like being in china. they probably have so much shit there that is made in canada, or in the states…they have alot of canadian made shit also…we just dont make stuff and keep it for ourselfs. it goes international.

its not jobs paying less, its also less educated people willing to do more for less to make ends meat. therefore giving the other guy with more experience a kick in the ass that wants more.

in other words, your not gunna be able to stop it…

the joke didnt go over everyones head. its just the fact that it wasnt a very good joke…

I agree, it wasn’t really funny.

I would guess that this joke was geared towards American’s, no offense, just not our cup of tea.

I once bought a Canadian flag that said “Made in China” on the tag LOL
I was like W-T-F? You know your in trouble when you don’t even manufacture your own flag.

But wtf are we complaining about? We drive Nissan’s and buy JDM crap all the time so we shouldn’t be the ones to talk LOL.

Chinese must love Christmas…it just means a huge jump in their GDP.

I looked around at this fucking room of piled high giflts I had bought for everyone and its all China.

New name suggestions Chinamas? Christinese?

Here is a hint Joe, ur just a tard.

i have alot of friends who have been trying for years to be a firefighter… very hard to get in.

one friend even went to Texas A&M, came back and still couldnt get in.

another volunteered for 3 years now and still cant get in…

much easier to be a cop, they do about the same $$$.

both jobs are pretty bring though. if you want to sleep on the job half the time then yeah do it up.

the better solution is to just kick serious ass… you’ll be doing more than $80k sooner than 5 years into your career if you are that good…

The US and Canada are are a MONUMETAL trade deficit with China. I dont know specifics but it is sorta like 400 : 1

more importantly, what is exported to China is primarly natural resource or raw materials that are eventually converted into goods that are sold here.

for more specific details view here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

the reason is that Chinese incomes do not support the purchase of Western produced goods.

Ie. you can buy chinese made cars in China for $2500 CDN… why the hell would you want a Pontiac Pursuit for $23k?.. it doesnt happen.

Why the hell would you want a Pontiac Pursuit period?
Either way, Joe needs to stop being a vagina and look for a different job. Just because all our shit blue collar jobs are outsourced, doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do here. As pointed out previously, most of the design happens here. Why should we have to overpay lazy unionized workers here when ones in India or China will make better products for less, without driving their parent company bankrupt by sponging off it every chance they get.

not being upset about it is counter productive imho.

asking useless people to not be useless is rediculous.

They are useless, that is why they work assembly line jobs at Ford, toy factories, become police officers and do R.I.D.E or speed traps, work public contruction contracts.

At least this way they pay their own way.

and let me state for the record that there are many people i love that fall into this category. Just because i love them doesnt mean they are not useless.

There is a MAJOR social security scare in the US now. From what i hear from friends in Buffalo the city / region literally can not afford to support the level of unemployment or underemployment.

Watch that PBS docu i posted.

Guys are going from $65k a year factory work into $18k a year part time or temp work with no security and no benefits.

You cant buy a home on that, you cant get married and have a family on that, you cant buy new cars on that… and chances are you are going to need some help from the government on that… if you have two incomes at that you are no better off because your kids lose out and you begin to recycle the same shit…because those kids wont grow up to be doctors.

America’s largest or fastest growing employers are Wal-Mart, Mcdonalds, among others…

tehy pay their employees on average well below the national poverty line and in fact are responsible for LOWERING the poverty line from about $14k a year to $13k and change.