No good paying jobs in Noth America?

Good. There was no reason anyone should be making that kind of money to screw a fucking door panel on an assembly line in the first place. I know someone who was pulling down $125,000 @ Chrysler as a welder with moderate OT. Now this job wasn’t assembly line but rather on-call so most of it was just chillin’ doing lord knows what activities…he quit! Same for a buddy at GM in the US is still topping $120K and jokes about how bad they build them.

Now every automaker employee I have ever met has been totally ruthless with their money and not investing financially or in skills and blowing it on toys. Becasue they beleived their winfall would last forever, it didn’t, deal with it.

The business plan and corporate culture was seriously flawed.

there are no sound alternatives…

similarly,

why the hell is it that i call Mastercard and get a dude named Sunjay india?

it’s the same phenomenon, different industry.

i heard some wicked anecdotes about the Big 3 from a former Chrysler exec though dude… there is actually organized crime in the unionized factories… it’s crazy.

This all just a system made by the rich and powerful for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. The problem with Canada no one stands for what they believe in, they just go with the flow. 2 weeks ago here in Greece all transportation came to a stop to protest against public transportation cut back. For 2 days there were no taxis, no buses, no ships, no airplanes. The politicians were prety quick to change their minds!
Texaco gas stations don’t exist in Greece any more they went bankrupt 2 years ago due to a 2 week rotest and boycott against Texaco for refusing to buy any Greek crude oil and suporting the Greek economi instead they import all their oil from Texas and Venezuela. Amazing how 2 weeks of boycotting bankrupt their whole company!
I wish we stood for what we believed in in Canada, instead we just take it up the ass, we complain and nothing happens. There was some talk about a year ago during the massive gas price hikes for boycotting Imperial oil (esso) but again nothing happen.

Bing, the same reason why you get Sunjay when you call, is why you’ve managed to be so succesfull with your business. Why should people pay more for no good reason? Does Sunjay really do that bad of a job? We’re reaping what we’ve sown. Our North American lifestyles have been far too lavish for far too long, and that time is drawing to a close. There are two ways to react right now, bitch about it, or profit off of it.

ant…‘my biz’ you speak of is just a hobby shop. secondly, half the stuff i sell i produce locally. and if i just whored out all the off-shore shit i could get my hands on i wouldnt be around anymore.

if people would stop asking me for these damn tie rods i would stop selling them. Frig, i tell people straight up that these tie rods suck and not to buy them… but i sell them for less than Megan and other rebranders so people keep asking me for them… it’s you that is the problem…hhha

i sell alot of top brand parts to guys who can afford it. I sell lots of my own gear or brand name stuff to DMCC drivers and guys out in Alberta who have tons of $$$ to blow. i could get you Greddy M-spec FMIC kits all day long for a better price than anyone else, but i can give you the off-shore version for $75 less and it comes with a hotpipe and it performs exactly the same… how is that my fault?

I tell you what it out there and you make the final choice. 9 times out of 10 people around here are opting for the cheaper version and they are not necessarily wrong to do it. seeing as how GReddy is as domestic as Megan or Top Speed.

I might be the only guy in the country other than PDM actually producing anything in Canada… so when you go with Megan multi-link to save $75 you let me know so i can remind you about this exact issue okay?..lol

It’s not your fault! That’s what I’m trying to say. You totally proved my point with "but i can give you the off-shore version for $75 less and it comes with a hotpipe and it performs exactly the same… "
Same with outsourcing labour. If someone in India will do just as good of a job, why should I pay someone here more money?
People are realizing that they can pay less and get more, and are sick of getting ripped off on the basis of being “loyal” to a bunch of lazy people and greedy unions. I saw someone that had a sticker that said “Unemployed yet? Keep buying imports.” I honestly wanted to follow him to his destination and totally chew him out and explain to him how stupid and ignorant his statement is.

i am still of the opinion that your notion is an ideal.

if you consider issues like the lead paint in toys this year you have the reasons why it is still an ideal and not an actuality.

you cannot off-shore accountability.

bing , would u like to be my lawyer?