Let off by Good Year .. Fuck the Economy !!

So today I went into work to get my paycheck. And I was told that I cant go into work till hopefully around May .I still get the employee discount though, but i just cant work. The full time people can not get over time anymore.Also they might be cutting some one there thats full time. The economy is killing Good Year even so they are down 200,000 in the Upper Northeast section .So I’ll be at Eddies Aquarium more often!

Just thought id rant about this !! Fuckin pissed about it !

Yeah, Albany International Corp. has been laying people off left and right. I was talking with some of the factory workers there yesterday on my break, some of those guys have been there for over 30 years. They basically came in to clock in, and their manager was standing by the timeclock and said “give me your swipe card and keys, empty your locker, don’t come back.” A few of the guys got a package deal but the ones who got laid off recently got NOTHING.

Sorry to hear man…

join the club man, i got layed off 5 months ago, and im having one hell of a time finding a job. everyone wants to pay you min wage and you have to be an angel and perfectly qualified.

laduke what goodyear did you work at? i used to drive for the warehouse about a year ago. i did that for almost three yrs. sorry to hear bout that.

Sorry to hear that man. Shit sucks.

I’m trying to get my first ‘real’ job and man does it suck. Now is not the time to be a college senior. (and by real I mean get the proper pay for what I do)

speaking of eddie aquarium i just got a 55 gallon set up for free (was my younger brothers) what kind of deals can you get me?

It’s all about work experience. I was actually layed off not too long ago, and got re-hired at a higher salary + commision +OT for another job.

I was very lucky, especially in this economy. I also work 60 hours a week, but it will do for now. I’m just happy i can pay the mortgage, etc.

Employers are being very selective because they can be now. Theres more available workers than jobs.

I was thinking of getting a better job but every time I looked the pay was $9-10 an hour and/or needs 2-5 years experience.

mortgage, mods for poopra, new bags and sunglasses for the gf, u know the bare minimun.

Course.

Fuck you

lol I’m about to quit my job.
Anybody feel like working retail?

HELLL NO. I worked at a retail store for 2 years. All set.

I would rather be unemployed to be honest with you.

the country club i work at lost about 30-35 members out of 280 i think this winter, the most they’ve ever lost. everyone’s hurting man.

good luck finding another job soon

There was an article in the Gazette a few weeks ago about country clubs losing members.

I didnt think the economy affected the people that can afford a membership.

the guys who really can afford it aren’t affected, but there’s a lot of guys who can “borderline” afford it and kind of do it just because or for a status symbol, those guys are bye bye this year. ironically, those are the more stuck up members too :rofl good riddance.

I can do pretty good deals at eddies.

Yea shit sucked, Good Year Warren Tire on central Ave . Next to Crouses candy .On top of that i got pulled over yesterday at eddies on route 9 for my tint,exhaust and plate but no tickets.My manager and boss was pissed that I got puled over in there parking lot .He followed me off the off ramp from I-87 ,nothing i could do .I bombed my school test . And I spent around 2k on car parts this winter thinking id make the money back quick . Yea ,not happening

Full time there can no longer have over time. Also may be cutting a full time employee, Its just reallllly slow there . Often, they will send all the mechanics home and just have 2 sales guys make appointments for other days