Ford plant in Brazil

This video is from last year but I couldn’t find any threads.

This is a video of a new Ford plant in Camacari, Brazil. One look at this and you
will instantly be able to tell what is wrong with the manufacturing plants of the US
car makers and why there will probably never be another one built in the U.S.

It will also point out why more will go off-shore to escape the spiral death grip of
U.S. unions. Sad but true.

http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189

im proud of ma americun cur. none of that forign crap.

BUT THE PROFITS GO TO THE USA

thats awsome.

Too bad its so difficult to change the mindsets of americans.

Profits may come to the US, but only to those with a steak in the company.
Its not generating employment.

I’m just kidding about the profits, but thats what all of my friends parents say to me when I have to explain why I don’t own a Ford.

Yep, workforce with a lower quality of life will work cheaper. Plus Ford gets to automate lots of stuff and not pay as many workers.

Until they Unionize and their quality of life comes up to the point that they’re not the cheapest. Then the factories move.

After South America and Asia comes Africa. They’ll be the cheapest for a long time thanks to things like the AIDS. Good thing our government made that shit back in the 1950’s. We’ll have a cheap place to have things made for at least our entire lifetimes.

Wait, what?

I work in development for the auto industry and a good portion of our production castings/machining’s are all done is brazil.

It’s too expensive to do business in America… sad but true. Unfortunately nobody (Unions and politicians) seems to understand this and probably never will until they’re out of a job/industry entirely.

They all understand it. They’re all just trying to get theirs before it leaves. I can’t really blame them, other than their claiming that it’s anything but that is pretty annoying.

We’re going to strike on a bankrupt company!
We deserve more for contributing to the success! Uhh, you mean failure?

Ford has had plants in brazil for a few decades… :fyi:

Its hard to argue for unions.

Unions are supposed to make employment better for the employees not them selfs.

I think it is a generational problem. The young-ins running companies have parents with
good jobs, benefits etc… They have no appreciation for what the older generation tried so hard to get.

“one generation plants a tree so the next will have shade” - ??

Nowadays, “the tree was in the way of the my satellite TV, and it made a little more
work for me so I cut down all of them. I cant miss my shows, and I would rather play video games than think about anything other than my own needs this very moment.” - me

I know but, the point is they built the latest one there and it is very lean.
Do they have any plans to build one like that here?

No idea… no videos at work.

UAW = voting itself right out of existance

Says right in the video that they would like to but the unoins are against that kind of supplier integration…

UAW FTL. I’m sorry, but if you screw in the same 3 bolts all day, you shouldn’t be at $60k+/year.

I’m typically pro union (considering I’m in one) but the UAW can suck my balls.

As that video is cool, they aren’t doing anything new in it. The Toyota plant I worked at has very similar processes and has been doing so for many years. We rolled a car off the line every 60 seconds on the Toyota side, and for the Lexus RX330 it was about every 2.5 minutes because of the added inspection processes.

But, that plant is in Canada, not the US. Things like this make me seriously consider moving out of the country after I graduate. Other markets are booming and offering a ton of opportunity.

Absolutely true. The uaw was set up with good intentions, to provide for people that were performing back breaking labor when no one else was there to stick up for them… Now they do less work and make huge amounts of money to do esentially nothing. Im sorry but if you want to make decent money go to college. I only have my associates and i don’t expect to make much more than im making right now untill i have a bachelors or a masters.

What part of the UAW not allowing various supplier integration under 1 roof did you miss?

while toyota is building this down in Mississippi, I saw its mid-construction last weekend and it is huge

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-02-27-toyota-plant_x.htm