Sears Auto

:bowrofl:

put my app in last weekend, had interview today.
said i’d start out at Tech 1 $7.50-8.00 flat rate.
doing struts,shocks,tires,batteries,minor suspension work, etc.
must have own tools and box.
got the tools, but i’d have to go buy a box

I pretty much sat there and laughed… who in their right mind is going to take a 7.50 flat rate job? you’d have to finish a 3hour job in an hour to even make something…
he goes “well my top tech 1 guy is making around 9.00 flat rate.”

waste of time… do people want you to work for nothing now a days?

What were you expecting? $20/hr?

its funny, blue collarsjobs that you should have training for, you dont need any and white collar jobs that should be common sense to most people you need to go into debt to get a 4 yr degree just to be considered. I’ve found that work experience > degree. Too bad “the man” doesnt see it my way… but yes places want you to work for peanuts and be happy about it. People living and working longer is not a good thing if you are young and trying to get into a solid position. companies are highering 3 people to work a job giving them a 1/3 of the hours so they can cheap out on paying one person to do it and giving them benifits.

i think making 10-12 would be fair to start out. there are way to many jobs on both sides of the fence that make way too much for what they do. i think a lot of the labor union jobs are paid way too much…and i also think public school teachers are paid way too much for the product they turn out. there are a lot of people out their busting balls and arent making shit. i would never want someone incharge of workin on my car getting paid that low. why would you care about ur work quality. you could get fired and go make the same wage anywhwere.

Hello, and welcome to the corporate greed that arises from full contact capitalism.

Aren’t you a libertarian?

10-12 flat rate starting out doing that kind of stuff would be a good starting point…

but 7.50 flat rate? :rofl: people at sheetz and mcdonalds start out at 9-10/hr

Yes, I am.

then work at mcdonalds?

companies have too much middle and upper management that dont do anything except sit around and over analyze. it not rocket science, its business.

No debt. masters degree. guess, you have to be one step ahead of the common market ideology.

Enjoy!

most people that get their masters thou are 100k in debt off the bat unless college was paid for.

Experience > *

Ive worked well over 50 jobs and I’m only 26. Been working since I was 12. Restaurants, dirt bike shops, bars, hotels, retail, construction, contracting… Finally found my niche though, and I’m making mad money doing it. :bowdown:

Mother fuck a college degree.

this is something i strongly agree with you on.

If colleges didnt make such a joke out of themselves, I wouldn’t feel this way. When i was at RMU I didnt take a single class that was worth a shit or had anything to do with my degree in the 3 semesters I was there, besides MAYBE Com Skills. If they would cut out all of the stupid, bullshit electives and non-major courses, double the number of major courses and condensed it into a 3 year program, I would think it’s worth the money.

Who needs to go 100,000 into debt to learn how to identify types of clouds, learn Calculus, and learn about pre-1500’s African history when they’re trying to be a marketing major… TEACH ME HOW TO MARKET SHIT YOU COCKSUCKERS!

Of course certain professions really need specific training, and I understand having/wanting to go if thats your aspiration.

all the math you need in life u learn by 4th grade unless you plan on being an engineer or some shit like that. Writing papers is a waste of time as well. This is why i cant force myself to go back. im not a good student when i have no faith in the class’ importance or the professor.
Core classes are for the most part useless. you should have basic core classes to sharpen ur skills and then thats it.

4th grade??? I’m not saying that the requirements arent ridiculous…but I would say a solid understanding of algebra and geometry are pretty beneficial.

really? when was the last time you needed algebra or geometry?

basic geometry you learn by 4th grade…well i mean maybe u rode the short bus but like i said…all the math u need u learn by 4th grade.

this thread is classic. yeah business is easy, no need to analyze numbers. just go off the cuff and you will be extremely successful!

I use algebra, physics, statistics, and geometry in my every day life at work.

I use just about every math I have learned through college. Maybe not every day, but a good bit. All in my everyday life at work… Physics makes the world go round