I just picked up a new car for my wife

A new 2007 saturn V6 vue. We got $1500 of in promotions and 0% financing for 5 years. So it ended up being cheaper than buying a used 2004. I really enjoy driving it and I am looking forward to hauling my shelby charger around with it.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/398061324_3b72e758de.jpg?v=0

Even with the tow package that thing is rated for 3500lbs MAX tow rating. By the time you put the weight of your car + trailer it will be close to, if not over, that rating. Without the tow package, which probably includes additional cooling and possibly different gearing, it’s rated at 1500 lbs.

It will probably pull it but expect a short life for your trans, shocks, struts, brakes etc.

Nice ride for the wife though.

It has the v6 and tow capacity is 3500. The 4 cylinder is 1500. There is no tow package offered. My car weighs 2400 pounds and the tow dolly can’t be more than 200 to 300 pounds since I can lift it myself. I have been using a lumina minivan to tow it with and that only has a capacity of 2500. So I think I should be all set. I has a Honda drivetrain so it should be good for 200,000 miles. :slight_smile:

2400… wow, that’s light. The Saturn website said 3500 only with proper tow package. If it was a sales guy that told you none exists, make sure you look into it farther. I’ve been buying trucks to tow with for a while and I’ve always found that salesmen know absolutely nothing about tow ratings.

Walk into a Ford dealer and start asking the sales guy about axle ratios and their affects on gas mileage and tow ratings. 10 bucks says his head explodes, or he simply makes up some bullshit on the spot.

:tup:

the irony is, its powered by honda So you essentially have a domestiport

My brother-in-law is the general sales manager and also has a vue. The tow package just includes a hitch and wiring. It actually has the wiring in the area where the jack is so you just have to hook it up to an adapter.

Towing is limited with a CVT type of transmission at least it should be. Ever tow something with a snowmobile…nope well your vue has the same type of transmission in it. kinda a cool set up though

Not with the V6. And Saturn ditched the CVT in the 4 cylinder FWD automatic Vues quite some time ago.

They also scrapped the 5 speed auto in the Ion around the same time.

It has a Honda 5 speed automatic transmission.

nice buy. nice color…i usually don’t like green

No shit. wow they made a smart move. i’ve got a buddy with one that has constant problems

My fiance has the same car… but black. Her dad works for GM so we got a good deal with the discount.

Nice. I’ve been questioning my sexual orientation because of it, but I actually really like them. I was thinking about trading my Jetta in on one since I really need something bigger for the home owner thing. :gotme: I wonder if I can combine my Praxair GM fleet vehicle discount with their other offers? What sucks is that it doesn’t look like I can use my GM card points on a Saturn.

I could not use my gm card discount either because they only take one kind of card. It is a GM family card or something.

what kind of a deal did you get on it?

After towing with a jeep, and spending a significant amount of time fretting over setup and probably 30k miles towing in the past couple years. I’d be scared shitless to tow with a vue.

It’s an '85 Charger being towed on a dolly, the VUE will tow it just fine. I tow my race car on a dual axle trailer with a Minivan, and it’s fine.

what honda engine is in it?

I think it is the 3.5L VTEC and the 5 speed automatic transmission.

if you dont mind me asking, what are your parments?