I love sports and football and baking.

It’s a bit late but here is a cake that was made for a superbowl party i attended. I was told to bring food or drink, and at the time of telling, we made a joke about a football field cake, and thus this was born.

The uprights are made of pipecleaners (sparkly) and drinking straws with careful miters and some strange intersections. No tape or glue. However, this picture was taken after the whole thing was dropped (well… slid off the seat of the car)

My GF took care of the baking, I handled the aesthetics, though the frosting portion was very rushed, as i had devoted all of my allotted time towards the fabrication of the uprights. There were actually twin cakes made (one vegan, one non), but the other was consumed when the photo was taken.

The football is a chocolate covered almond w/ frosting laces.

That’s so adorabole…both the story and the actual cake.

How did it taste?

it was delicious.

lol.

This was more of a joke cake than a serious cake.

you went soft newman…

It should have had broken glass and gravel in it…

what does the vegan cake leave out as far as ingredients go?

I guess, eggs and chocolate?

glad this came together… even more glad you made a post about it… haha

ROFL.

lol.

:tdown: to only 60 yards :slight_smile:

so domesticated.

and gay.

haha I thought the same thing. but what do you expect out of a field that sparkles like that.

cakes have milk and eggs in them, how did you eat this

I used a duncan-hines mix, soymilk, and egg replacer. I was told that the vegan cake actually came out better than the regular one.

lol. no lego cheerleaders?

chino, post pics of your cake skillz!

I second

wait did you say GF?

who is it?

:wink:

not to detract from newmancake’s sweetness, but check out cakechino.jpg’s siqqness :tup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/EclipseBlur/cakechino.jpg

yea, my cake skills fucking rule your cake skills.

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v171/20/54/575696701/n575696701_217577_8320.jpg

edit: that was also my first mastercake, and was made with cake from aldi’s lol.

edit2: g-jeff you are such an e-stalker :frowning: