I might get an import?

I found a 96’ honda civic with a 1.6? and a 5 speed. I guess the engine is bad with about 150,000 miles. So what fits and what do any of you have to drop in there. I’d of course like to add some power, but still keep the MPG… thanks

Good thing is that you’ve many options. I’m no expert on hondas but i’ll let some of the honda fans put there input on this one. Good luck with it though.

well any honda motor will fit from an rsx engine to a prelude…
the most commen though is a b series (integra motor)

i have and integra motor in my civicand it made 500+whp and still got over 30mpg…
the options are endless

buy my integra $6300

x2 basically comes down to how much you want to spend…

you can pick up a b series motor for a half decent price. swapping to a k series will run some big bucks with the custom mounts that have to be made. swapping in a b18b (integra ls motor) gives you i believe 143hp and a decent amount of torque for a honda motor. you can either swap a vtec head on the block or put a decent size turbo on the motor to make some good power. if you go with the b18b, you might want to think about having some head work done as the head on the motor flows horribly.

I just want to make this a cheap winter beater, but thanks anyway. I would like to buy a engine for it though, so I know everyone is pulling out their stock ones, so hook me up.

Dude like you need another car…

check out honda-tech.com. When I was doing a ls swap on my crx I gave away my d-series. A guy picked it up the same week it was posted.

Okay buy my integra LS swap for $6300. It comes with an integra shell also :slight_smile:

:rofl: