i must say...

edmonton was a hella lotta fun while i was there the 17th-23rd. Had a few good races :smiley: saw some nice cars. Loved the drive. and most of all, loved the ladies. Spent many thousands of dollars, maxed my VISA, and bought an audi quattro! (for winter in YK). Canā€™t wait to move there in spring.

You loved the drive from Yellowknife to Edmonton??? :yernuts:

I find thatā€™s worse than driving across the prairies.

haha, i loved the drive in edmonton, but to tell you the truth, the drive wasnt all that bad from yellowknife to edmonton. did it in 12 hrs.

Meh, itā€™s only ~1500kms. It sucks when you miss the ferry and have to wait like an hour.

1600km. haha, and i just made the ferry every time. on the way down, i past some people about 50km from the ferry, haha, they didnt make it :smiley: on the way up, i was the last car to fit on the ferry. you have family in yk?

No family. Iā€™ve just been up there a bunch of times with my dad. He owns a trucking company and when I was growing up Iā€™d go everywhere with him during summer break.

I learned to drive trucks (semis) when I was 14 on the roads in NWT, itā€™s nice when you can drive without seeing any other cars for miles. Is it paved all the way up now? Last I heard there was about 50kms of gravel left.

One of my best memories is crossing the Mackenzie River at night with the whole sky lit up with the craziest, most beautiful aurora borealis Iā€™ve ever seen. Getting to ā€œdriveā€ a tug in Hay River at 10 years old was pretty cool too.

well, they were supposed to have it done by the end of october, but now i guess they are saying in spring. there is about 30km left unpaved.

speaking of araura borealis, i work up at diavik, 300km north-east of yellowknife. i work 2 weeks in, 2 weeks out. makin a load of cash. but every clear night, the araura go crazy. its amazing. i got pretty lucky getting this job, i got it was i was just 19. making over 60gā€™s a year, helps me with my addiction (cars).

what company does your dad own?