Getting a car home...

Hey guys, I’m looking to buy a car which is currently in Toronto area, I live in Edmonton, and wouldn’t mind driving the car back, but what are the current weather conditions in your area? And would you recommend driving a turbo Nissan across Ontario? The car seems to be reliable, but we all know what can happen.

What do you gent’s recommend I do? I will be picking the car up in person, but what I do with it after that I haven’t a clue what the best route is.

Shipping it via SeaRail will cost me upwards of $3000.00. Renting a Uhaul and trailer will cost me $2400.00.

hmm…

I’ve done the drive from Toronto to Edmonton in the spring then back in late october. My only suggestion would be to get new or very good winter tires put on it.

Ontario roads are kept clean for the most part, had a difficulty in Manitoba and Alberta, if I remember correctly, they contract out snow removal and only run if a certain amount of snow falls.

The tricky areas are getting around the Thunder Bay area with the lake effect.

What I did was only drive from a few hours before sunrise to a few hours after sunset.

My route was Toronto to SS Marie, SS Marie to Thunder Bay, Thunder Bay to Winnipeg, Winnipeg to Edmonton. The last day was a long one, I just got bored in Sask. and decided to go all the way through. I wouldn’t recomned going through the US, if anything happens, you’re not in Canada. Keep to the great white north.

Did this in a 2003 Civic Si coupe.

sounds accurate to me… if yer used to the praries you’ll e fine we just get a bit more ice than you.
once you get to the northern end of ontario things get a little hairy

winter and chains forwhen your outta sight.

slow and easy and stick to the main highways…no “shortest route” in the GPS if ya know what I mean.

I am waiting until the snow melts (for the most part) before I make this journey. I don’t want to have to repaint the entire car when it gets home.

what car your picking up?

I was planning to put a serious offer on the Type X for sale this spring, but I instead bought a high horsepower 91 MR2, a friend owned it for 2 years, and it’s been built ground up, just a monster of a car.

I have to drive London to Derby this afternoon/evening, not looking forward to it at all.

Good luck getting home everyone

Go for Mercedes Benz E-Class:
Mercedes Benz E-Class is equipped with the audio 20 radio along with the CD player which comes as a standard version along with it. At present it is available with a option of COMAND APS control system along with the display system. It is equipped with radio, MP3 player and a DVD navigation system along with the dynamic route guidance.

Its too excited .