I Need to Vent

Fuck my work.
Im sitting in my office, freezing my ass off.
My cubicle is near the door.
They refuse to turn the heat up higher.
They wont let me wear any socks other than black, dress pants and a polo styled shirt, and a portable heater is against their fire code.

What a bullshit job. Anyone hiring a Jr. IT guy?

hahahaha good luck … weat some thick black socks dude and layer up.

You sound like such a lady bitching about how cold you are. Much like the ones at my jobs that blow the breakers by plugging in their space heaters they bring from home because they are “freezing their ass off”

Lol Understandable.
Its just pathetic the fact that for 6 months before winter came along they were talking of resealing the door so the heat or a/c wouldnt be wasted. my desk is right by it and i get a steady stream of cold air, its retarded. I went home at lunch & I got double socks on and layered up. Lame lol. I shouldnt need to do this.

Where do you work?

I get the same thing at my job, it sux working at a desk all day. You do get cold especially when there is a nice draft creeping across your feet.

Sanjay, you should put your Parka, mitts and toque on at your desk, then see what they say :smiley:

Boo hoo, you guys work at desk jobs, life is rough. The guys working out doors must be crying too. put some long johns on, or buy some dress shoes that are insulated. Problem solved.

^ Ive worked warehouse and desk. And trust me your alot warmer doing a warehouse job as your always moving around, even with the big bay doors open in -30 as your dressed for it already. Where as the office you don’t move and its real tough typing with gloves on. lol

I would much rather prefer working out side and doing something with my body rather than wasting it away sitting in front of a desk.
But I can, because my knee is perma-damaged.

Seriously?

When I worked at Ericksen I had to constantly go outside, sit in cold ass cars, warm them up for clients, boost them, dig them out buried in a foot or more of snow all while wearing semi-business attire…oh yeah, the Inifiniti’s were the worst 'cause of the leather…thick as a brick and instant shrinkage when you hop into one of those sitting outsid in -30 or below…

Good thing I don’t do that anymore…but even so, I’ll be working outside this winter anyways so deal with it :wink: We all have to suffer in one shape or the other…

Ya. But im being a prissy cunt.
I shouldnt have to deal with this crap in an office enviroment.

Chris where the hell is ur lot boy at those times lol

Your lot boy cleans up the lot, he’s not a personal bitch. Finding/boosting a car is bad, but any job you’ll find something to bitch about. Just remember at the end of the day, your still getting paid.

I work out in Nisku and it is a similar situation, I am just not bothered by the cold as much and some people can not handle it. We had heating issues last year and it was brutal but now it is at least a bit better.

someone here did that to be dramatic … they got no response

They were probably out doing some BS errands of sorts…

Seriously? What a looser. hahaha. If I get cold, I put on a fleece coat that I keep here. I sit by a main door too and the cold usually doesnt bother me either.

Im fucked in the head. I could be outside in the cold doing what ever and not be affected by the weather, because i love winter.