I Think I found my Exhaust Leak

Well,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/00Fish/IMG_4668.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/00Fish/IMG_4669.jpg

im going camping i’ll worry about this when i get back… but im going to assume this happened due to bottoming out and hitting the down pipe. Shitty part is so much heat in the engine bay resulted in melted wireharness… fixing that is going to suck

Woah, I’ve never seen that before. It shouldn’t be too hard man, its normally a pain in the arse because of the downpipe being in the way. You don’t have that problem anymore. Hahhaha. Good luck with fixing that!

Where’s the leak?? I don’t see it?

;p

What brand is that elbow might I ask?

That is the SECOND elbow this season I’ve seen cracked that like… wonder if they were both the same make.

The other one was in a car @ practically stock ride height so it wasn’t a bottoming out issue.

Wow…that elbow looks thin! :s

Noskillz, granny shiftin’ not double clutchin’ like you should?

LOL Nice. I’ve been driving around without the center console and the shiftboot. I can hear the metallic clanking rasp that comes from an exhaust leak. Too lazy to reinstall it at the moment.

meh, i had that happen to me twice on two different brands of elbows in the last 5 years… it happens.

the stress has to go somewhere. if the mounts on your exhuast or for the motor don’t dissipate enough of it it will attack the elbow or the manifold… the elbow is easier and cheaper to replace so it’s not a big deal.

if you want to make it invincible either go top mount or spend $250 on the Tomei cast elbow…

and people wonder why my exhaust moves SOOOO much.

1 hangar. that is all.

lol same here but I’am not proud of having 1 lol

this just happend to me, but it didnt break like that… all the bolts broke instead.

I don’t know why people even waste their time with these aftermarket elbows. Is it acquiring them that’s the issue or what?

In my case, I needed a SS downpipe but the guy gave me the elbow attached to it as well.

I’ve done the same thing to my exhaust… it happens. At least another one is cheap!

Steve, bring the car out, we’ll throw a flex join in the exhaust… then it’ll never happen again!