i think

wow this thread fuckin blows… and the church has changed over the years… we dont burn people at the stake anymore do we? as for god you either beleive or you dont… i dont have to go to church to beleive. some people just need to shut their mouths and realise that they are wrong.

so you are saying there should NEVER be a black president in the US even if he is qualified?

amen

there is a difference in my opinion in the leader of an organization & a leader of a country.

i think them electing a hispanic pope would have been nice for the huge majority of hispanic catholics.

true…but i think a lot of people think he is.

yes…but i still don’t think you can compare the cardinals voting in a pope & the voting in of a president…apple & oranges in my book.

a leader is a leader in my book. Everything from that point branches off into what you are leading IE, a company, a Religion, an orginazation, or a country. You still need to the basics to be a leader in general and all decision making falls back on those basics.

Now if you want to be a “leader” IE puppet… that is a who different thread.

Um, the birth control pill comment is scary. They are against ALL “unnatural” birth control, not just the pill. If a priest told you that it explains a lot…

And there have been three African (I don’t know if they were black or white, but one could guess black) popes, but it’s been a lot longer than 150 years, try 1500 years:

There were three African Popes who came from the region of North Africa. Although there are no authentic portraits of these popes, there are drawings and references in the Catholic Encyclopedia as to their being of African background. The names of the Three African Popes are: Victor (183-203 A.D.), Gelasius (492-496 A.D.), and Mechiades or Militiades (311-314 A.D.). All are saints.

Other interesting facts:

Of the 264 popes (262 to be exact because Pope Benedict IX, during the dreadful medieval fights between popes and anti-popes, was elected three times) 205 were Italians, (of whom 106 were Romans), and 57 foreigners; comprised of 19 Frenchmen, 14 Greeks, 8 Syrians, 5 Germans, 3 Africans, 2 Spaniards, 1 Austrian, 1 Palestinian, 1 Englishman, 1 Dutchman, and 1 Pole.

Not a lot of diversity there. Explains why they are so slow to change.

I have a psychology degree, but I don’t know why someone who has one would think they know everything…

who cares, it’s all based on a fucking fairy tale.

In your opinion, but do you really KNOW

:bowdown:

I know that if your signature were a 1/4 of the size it is now, that just as many people would look at it, and wouldn’t take up the whole screen.

do you? The only reason you are the religion you are is because of how you were raised. If you were born in India, you’d be Hindu. If you were born in Afghanistan, you’d be Muslim. But it just so happens that you are Christian. Now, there are thousands of religions on the planet today. Everyone that is in one thinks their’s it the right one. So factor in the thousands that exist today,a nd the thousands that have come and gone throughout history, how exactly can you be so confident that yours is the correct one?

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

hahaha

I was raised catholic and had to goto church every week. Once I grew up and learned to think for myself instead of believing everything I was told, I realized that religon is a complete joke and no grown person should just blindly believe this crock of horseshit they hear in church every week.

x3…lol

x2

religious or not, churches are scams.

you are so wrong man. Benny Hinn says that god needs our money. I think we should give it all to him.

:rofl:

I’d love to go on his show, and when he pushes me to heal me, I could flip out and beat the fuck out of him and call it self defense, then sue his ass and never have to work again. :cool: