I want a Land Rover Discovery

Like a 97+ I see them for under 6g with ok miles

My problem is they ge 12mpg Highway and I do about 35k a year…thats not good.

Talk me out of it…Ready GO!

just get one my truck get like 8mpg on a really good day. have that and a car for gettin everywhere wiht good mpg.

Unfortunately for work…i need the SUV aspect…my 97 Explorer gets around 22 which is just fine…I could even drop to 18 but 12 is a little too far gone

I looked at them before I bought my Expedition. Unless you’re planning on some serious off roading, you don’t want one.

Balls slow
Handle like shit
Not real reliable

But, unbelievable off road. I go off pavement maybe 3-4 times per year so I couldn’t justify it.

dot

Just in case that wasn’t effective enough:

@ 3 bucks a gallon you’ll spend $8750 in a year in gas for the Land Rover
You’ll spend $4772 with your explorer.

So yeah, tack another $4000 on to the purchase price vs your Explorer to get a true feel for the cost of the thing.

And you don’t want to know what parts cost for those damn things.

My uncle was putting a 700 dollar alternator into one of those things a year or so back.

at 35k a year with 12mpg you will be paying $571 a month in gas, thats if gas stays at 2.35/gal.

If you get a truck that gets 20mpg it will only cost you $342 a month

the extra $230 dollors a month is a big difference to pay for looking cool driving a land rover

do it

http://www.ruotequipe.com/media/marche/land_rover/Discovery3.jpg

Have fun when it breaks down all the time

too bad a $6k discovery looks nothing like an LR3

Did you talk to Kingsario?

I know, so he should get an LR3 :slight_smile:

My guess is it would be a maintenance whore and cost you 10xs the amount to fix anything than a explorer would. For example a started for a explorer can be had probably for 120 bucks at any pep boys, try getting one for a discovery. I would guess it would be a dealer only deal and cost you over 500. Hence the reason they are so cheap used. Low demand due to operating costs.

They are very unreliable and parts are ridiculously expensive. If you want a good offroader for cheap buy a Cherokee or Grand Cherokee. Yes it’s not as good as a Land Rover, but still pretty decent.

Why are land rovers so unreliable? I was under the impression they were built like bricks, and thats why people fork out the extra loot to buy them

Because they’re British.

I just helped my friend put a new engine in his 95(?) range rover. He got it for about 6k a year and a half ago. The body was immaculate (as it is aluminum), but everything else was rusted to shit. It was a whore and a half to work on, and yes parts were retardedly expensive. I would avoid them unless you buy one thats still under warranty.

And I would rock the shit out of a range rover sport.
http://www.autogaleria.pl/fotografie/land_rover/range_rover_sport_hst_2006_02.jpg

jesus…

just stick with one car longer than a few weeks :lol:

you have a problem

yes that is hot.