Ignition power supply in trunkal area.

Hello!

Anyone know where i could tap into a 12v signal (preferable from ignition being on) in the trunkal area?

`Nik

I’ve got mine all ripped up, I’ll take a look tonight.

What about power antenna?

… maybe, not sure where in there though. It may only recieve the power once the radio is on.

I can’t think of anything that gets constant 12v or even ignition 12v in the trunk. Maybe something like a fuel sending unit? I dont know if that would work.

Oh yea the pump only runs when the key is in the “ON” position.
Do you need power wih the car in Accessory?

The power antenna recieves a signal from the deck to just raise the antenna, it’s got it’s own seperate power… BUT, now that I think about it my Silvia’s power antenna still lowers AFTER the car has been turned off (losing signal from the deck) I don’t know if it’s got a battery or a spring or something, I’ll get out the multimeter and check it tonight when I get home from my parents’ place.

great! let me know, i dont want to tap into the fuel pump because that will reduce the current and fuel is important.

Pfft, wtf for?

Pfft, wtf for?[/quote]

Are you being sarcastic? lol. I cant tell. If not, If he puts more load on the circuit connected to the fuel pump, it will need to drive more current to two loads rather then one. Thus, the fuel pump may run lean from lack of current flow. Even if it is a small amount, it is still substantial. Why cant you just run a connection from power in the dashboard area? Its not hard, the whole interior is connected by clips. It took me like 15 minutes to send wire from the front to the rear.

I love Sarcasm online, it never comes across as it should :wink:

Probably just doesn’t want to have to rip it all up if he can get away without it.

Yup, thanks Max, (and btw i could tell the sarcasim).

If i’m going to make a mess i’d rather it be closer to the area that is needed. If i can’t find a good source in the rear, i’ll go from the engine bay or dash area.

thanks for the help though s14det.

lol, yeah see, I had a feeling there was sarcasm, but I didnt want to look dumb if there wasnt ahah. Same if it was sarcasm, lol. HAHA I just gave a whole story on circuitry for no reason, now dont I look dumb. :shock: Oh, Andy, its mark. The guy who HAD an F’d up head gasket, heeeheeeheee.

Left the Multi-meter at work,
but I’ve got it in my hand right now so I won’t forget to take it home tonight!!

Sorry nick

you bastard! no thats cool. thanks again.

K if you’ve got a power antenna you disconnect harness connector for it.

Looking at the connector with the “latch” on the top the pin that is ONLY live when the key is set to “ON” (so not accessory or off) is the second one in from the left in the top row (closest to the latch)
The pin to the right of that is on when both ACC and the key are in ON.

Need pics?

no pics needed!

thanks man, you are amazing! 8) <— you.

Run a Wire from your Ignition?

yeah i thought about that, but i wanted to make it less messy because i need the power source for some pumps in the trunk. … 8)