I'm hating on the IRS right now

so i got a thing in the mail today from the IRS saying i owed $344 still. WTF?? so i called the person that did my taxes (cuz im too stupid and lazy to do them myself) and apparently it turns out some1 put stock in my name and cashed it in 3 FUCKING YEARS AGO and now i have to pay the taxes on it. I’ve never had any stock, EVER so i dunno where this is coming from. just one more thing to make my life miserable i guess.

Dah, find the person who put the stock in your name and cashed it and beat $344 out of them?

Yea look into it a little. I’m sure there will be a better solution then just dumpign the cash.

My question is…

How does this happen?
Same SS number?
Same signature?
WTF?

yeah im not gonna just fork up the money and forget about it. im gonna put up one hell of a fight, thats for sure. i have no idea where this could have come from though, i have NEVER had any stocks. also, if this was cahsed in 3 years ago, how could i even buy stocks? i would have only been 16 3 years ago!

also, i think its sad that it takes them 3 years to ‘catch up’…there should be law that says if they dont get everything on the year its due, they loose out. kinda like my idea for the ‘home free’ law in which if a cop is gonna pull u over, they cant do anything if u make it inot your own driveway

I know I’ve never posted before, but I couldn’t pass this up.

Home free law? Wow, are you serious?

That, quite possibly, is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. So if someone is doing something stupid, but makes it to their house they should get off scott free? I know a couple people that made it worse for themselves by trying to do that. There is no logic behind that idea other than you want to get out of trouble. Think how many more problems would be created. “Oh, I’m hammered, but I made it to my driveway, too bad. I’m going to stumble to the house now, and you can’t do a thing.”

Yeah, it would be cool and all, and I’m sure it would help everyone out; but logically it is a horrible idea. Thinking things out > you.

Sorry to go off topic, feel free to continue.

woah, chill out there dude. obviously u didnt see the little bit of humor that i was trying to pass along there.

back on topic, i do think its kidna stupid that it takes them 3 years to catch up with people on thier taxes.

i thought this was about Independant Rear Suspension

yeah well ur not the only one that reports to the IRS, 3 years is nothing.

Alright, my mistake.

And I was a bit of a douchebag, sorry about that.

it was most likely a family member that put the stocks in your name, as they are allowed to do that `

the problem becomes that they decide to take ALL the money, instead of paying the taxes on it immediatly … leaving you fucked in the end

on of my buddies had the same thing happen more or less, mom had some stocks or bonds or some shit in his name from when he was like 10, this year she cashed him in, and it screwed his taxes. but when she found out she paid him back the difference

that just means you fit in well around here :stuck_out_tongue:

kinda like my idea for the ‘home free’ law in which if a cop is gonna pull u over, they cant do anything if u make it inot your own driveway

i get pulled over quite a bit in fromt of my house. the cops hang out at KML and cince i live a few houses down from there on french road i’m in my driveway when i get questioned.

best first post ever

welcome :slight_smile: