I'm in the desert V. humidifier

So I wake up this morning, and my face feels like sandpaper, mouth dry, eyeballs dry WTF.

My heat is set at 62, but it has to be due to the forced hot air, what is everyone else doing about it being the movie dune in thier house?

so get a humidifier what is the big deal? we always had one in my house growing up. more humid air makes the room feel warmer so it will be more comfy.

Thats what I figured but, will one do the whole house?
What room should I put it in?

Just leave one running in every room, like you do with TV’s.

Just vent your dryer inside.

I have one mounted to my forced air furnace that takes care of the whole house. Took a couple hours to install it myself.

just use cocobutter

LOL I only leave on tv on, in the bedroom.

Jays, thanks I’ll look into it.

fuck. that was my line!

http://cgi.ebay.com/APRILAIRE-400A-Bypass-Humidifier-NEW_W0QQitemZ160369794378QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=160369794378

Can’t beat the aprilaire design. Way better than the ones that have water constantly flowing through them.

Being cheap I originally installed mine on the cold water line, then a few months later re-tapped it on the hot water line because hot water works better.

Jay do you have any problems with mold or bacteria from your furnance humidifier?

No, but I don’t crank the humidity up too far. There’s a little dial on the unit and I usually keep it about 35% in winter and off the other 3 seasons.

A good explanation of about humidity in cold climates.

My house was built in the late 60’s and doesn’t have the greatest windows so I’m sure the little air leaks help. Some of those homes built in the early to mid 90’s have serious issues with humidity because they designed them too “tight”. With almost zero airflow moisture becomes an issue quickly. Builds before that were leaky enough to deal with it, and more recent builds took proper venting into account.

You have to clean it, otherwise anyone will have issues…

I have never cleaned the one attached to my furnace. Just replace the pad twice a season and the constant flow of fresh water takes care of the rest.

:bigclap:

My parents had one installed in the forced air unit like Jay mentioned.