Air purifiers?

I searched and only found this thread, http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29506 , which doesn’t really answer what i’m asking…

moving on…

I’ve got allergies, I generally wake up with a sore throat/stuffy nose. Medication gets annoying, i hate always having to pop clariton or shit like that.
I have pets and I am pretty tidy, but dander is dander and dust is dust… So I’m thinking I should run an air purifier in my room…

I want something quiet and relatively on the cheap side. It only has to be effective enough to clean the air in one average size bedroom.

what do you use? how effective is it? is it worth it?

Humidifier with Vix Vaposteam in it… will cure the sore throat.

Most off-the-shelf HEPA filters do a decent job. Don’t know about “quiet”, but it’s generally white noise, and you can sleep with it.

In the winter, I use a 12 dollar Vicks vaporizer probably 2-3 times a week. I don’t use the Vicks inhalant in it, just plain water with a little salt.

That helps out my winter indoor allergies, dry nose, and the rest of the bullshit that goes with cold weather.

The thing burns a gallon of water inside of 8 hours, so it is throwing a ton of water into the air…

If you own your own house, and want to spend the money, I have seen humidifiers in new houses hooked into a water supply, and ran directly to the heater vents.

My cousins place has this, it keeps the air nice and moist during winter.