I'm looking for a car, advice wanted

I’m looking at getting a car. I am thinking I want a 94-95 mustang, the only thing that bothers me is that the 5.0 blocks are junk. I plan on doing either AFR 165 or 185 heads and edelbrock performer manifold with ed curtis cam on the stock shortblock and maybe a wet kit for awhile shooting for low 12s on the motor.

But after I get bored with that there is no more potential in it because of the block strength. So when the money allows I really want to go with a 408 stroker and some spray.

My dilemma is if I get the car I don’t really want to put the big bucks into it right away to build a 408 and do all the suporting stuff, tranny, chassis, axle shafts, electronic locker, fuel system, exhaust, plus all the 351 swap stuff.

But if I start by building the 302 most of the 302 stuff will be worthless later on.

my other thought is as soon as I get the car swap in a 95-96 truck 351 and start slowly building that up so at least I can reuse the parts on a stroker engine later.

Maybe you guys can give me some advice.

I’d get that 12 sec Et, then worry about building something outrageous.
thiers more to it, than just building a crazy hp ford motor.
thiers plenty of JYTT setups out thier running 11’s on the stock 87-93 blocks.

just buy a 03 cobra and be a god like blue!

mustangs = poop buy an fbody! www.jjsautomotive.com

just my 2 cents

stfu cum bubble…f body is not the greatest car ever made contrary to popular belief. mustang > f body

nothing wrong with your 302 block. if you want to think of a flaw for 94 95 is the hyper pistons but they arent so bad but with any denotation they dont hold up as well as the forged ones. now your stock prepped block can with stand about 500rwhp. thats more then enough to get decent numbers. now lets put you in reality… you want a sn95 body with a tall deck 351 right? first off sn95 dont have as much room as a fox does so now youre limited to space. you will need a aftermarket hood, along with a different upper, then you will need a different acc. drive brackets and etc, also your brake booster will need to be changed. will also need different headers, probably need vert mounts for some height. also if youre going to do a 351 block find a roller one. you will bascially have to copy the Cobra R of 95 to agree your goal of this task. now if you are on a budget and only have fundings for motor then a built 302 block is the way to go. but in the end its your wallet and your decsions

look this isnt off topic. leave the BS an nonsense out of this thread. he asked a question about a mustang not a fbody or your opinion about them. if you dont have any info for this dude then stfu…oh by the way have a nice night

no need to get upset, fbody isnt the greatest car ever. just my opinion that fbody is better then stang…

but i forgot that a 2003 Sonic blue SVT ford mustang cobra is the greatest car ever made :kekegay:

but keepin it to mustangs… i would say to go with a 93 foxbody, i never liked the 94-97 for the style…

i agree with therse guys!

5.0 blocks will hold about 500rwhp

good to see that you are thinking about getting back into cars again. Any time table on when any of this is gonna happen?

If shooting for 12s on 302 is not a prob with bolt ons. Work on tuning and suspension. that will give your more bang for buck than crazy high hp motor. just my .02

Keep the stang stock and just say it runs 12’s. (like all stang owners) with the exception of flowmasters. Then put all money into strocker. Money saved from not touchin the 5.0 should then go to a turbo :naughty:

Just curious why you’d want an “electronic locker”? You like having a one-tire-frier in the turns?

-TJ