Imapact Gun Advice

So i’m getting ready to buy my first decent Impact and im not really sure who has the best in my price range ($200-$250). looking for good build quality and decent torque.

thanks in advance for any advice

get a used one from snap on/mac…

I have a snap-on. Its unstoppable.

Do not buy used impact guns. Impact guns are not made to last forever. Also they carry no warranty used. I would buy a ingersoll if I could do it again. I have a mac 480q which is made by ingersol with a mac tax on it.

OT, and maybe it will help the OP. I have a cheap gun that doesnt brake alot of shit loose. is it the gun or my smaller compressor and lack of air???

IR 231 was always my favorite. Very versitile, not the most power but always good, and almost indestructable. I dont know if they still make them

IR Titanium

What is the compressor putting out? How many gallons?

make sure you lube it often regardless…

CFM is 11.3 at 90PSI, 60 gallon tank

are you using a 3/8" hose?

just moved and havent reinstalled it yet, I can use whatever is best

if you can spend the extra 100 bucks for the $320 i’d go with the IR Titanium. I have one and it is an incredible gun

What were you using? 1/4" like the small coil kind that comes with some kits?

+1 I loved mine

not sure on the ID or OD but its basically like you would see at a little shop, now that I think about it I believe it was 3/8 npt fittings

sounds like the Ti is the way to go

Ir titanium, new can be had for 250ish on eBay or from harbor freight with 20% off coupon for 175ish

qft thats what i have

IR TI is pretty good if you’re using it all day long on cars. It’s super light and takes most stuff off no problem… IF you have a good compressor and air lines to support it.

I personally have the Snap-on XT7100. It takes lug nuts off of Army dump trucks, tractors, and other engineer equipment that are put on by other 3/4 impact guns all day long… it’s a little heavier, but if you aren’t a pussy it’s worth the extra pound