Imapact Gun Advice

Years ago when I started actually getting a variety of tools to use, I bought the earthquake from harbor freight for like $70-$80. Seriously, this thing has never let me down on even the most rusted of nuts, strut bolts, anything and everything. Its probably one of the best investments I made as far as tools from HF. lol

Harbor Freight has the IR Titanium right now for $259.99 on their website. Can’t beat it for that price. I have that gun and a 1/2" Craftsman that I got for dirt cheap and works great on 99% of the things I work on too. Depends on what your application is I guess.

2135Ti, you can pry mine from my cold dead hands…

+1. It is really heavy compared to IR Ti, but since I’m not a mechanic and use it all day long - weight is not as much of a concern.

HF Earthquake is a great gun for 80$.

handles anything i ever threw at it. and that includes alot of rusty winter beater fasteners.

Brian

I had a HF earthquake for ~ 20 minutes and it struggled with a trans bolt…

took it back and never thought about it again

Not particularly happy with my IR Titanium (yes I know, GASP)

Moving up to a Snap On 1300ft/lb when I get home.

Snap-on kills all others, but for the price and if your not a mechanic (i.e. your paycheck depends on you getting the job done) get the IR Ti

that odd. the only thing i had one struggle with was the rustiest axle shaft bolt ever and it got it off. just took a few seconds.

i mean they are from china. sometimes you get a bad one.

I have the IRC2130 & love it

its not the titanium but still a beast

Got a Snap-On 1/2", has no problem with anything. I love it. A bunch of the guys I was working with used IR guns and they liked my Snap-On enough, so either way it’s your choice I guess. Don’t get the Blue-Point one. A guy there had it and hated it, couldn’t break anything off.

this is said the best. i do love my 2135ti though

Isn’t some of the IR stuff sold at walmart in a kit, with the compressor, for like $249?

Nope, you’re thinking about Campbell Hausfeld. Although a ton of IR stuff is sold at Walmart(they are a giant company) - just not the air tools… I think…

the new snapon mg725 puts out 1190 ft-lbs with only 90 psi and a 1/4’’ fitting that runs about 399

i’ve got a couple of earthquakes one that i use at wrk. that one is a year old and i work on 30 to 50 cars a week. its heavy but for a cheap gun you cant beat it.

MATCO 1769A
or
MATCO 1769QA

Edit: For your price range the closest is the MATCO MT1758A ($295 list)

I’m completely happy with my IR 2131 I bought on ebay for ~$130. Used it everyday for a year whilst I was a mechanic. Anything it wouldn’t remove my IR261 would.

Ingersoll Rand Titanium…it’s a beast.