In Market for Desktop Computer: Need Help!!

Well here is what i want to do with the computer.
-Internet
-Microsoft Office Application
-Picture Editing : Photoshop
-Other programs
-Watchin movies and listening to music
-Mild/Medium Gaming

I need something to keep up with me…i hate slow computer, i want something that won’t “lag”? i dont know if i used that term right haha.
My price range is $700 or less
has to be all in one. monitor, wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, enough usb ports, 19+ in Monitor, I dont need a printer.
I seen in office max ad a
HP Pavilion Computer A6542pb model
4gb memory
640 gb hard drive
pentium dual core E2200 processor.
for $649.99

Does that sounds good?
Well let me know everyones opinion.
what brand is good, etc.

negative…

core2duo or core2quad only… rest of the specs will fall into place… video card will have to be added after the fact…

I don’t know why the processor is in everyones mind. Believe me when I say this … The processor is almost never the bottle neck in computers these days.

sooo…any links to some comp i should buy? lol

honestly Look into the warranties. Something that you can toss the computer out the window and get a new one…

The computers now will be more than enough for you. Just have someone set it up properly. Prevention > clearing up problems.

on that note… I’ve always had good success with Dell and always was a fan of their warranty. I have heard rumours of the warranty changing, but I’ve never had to ship anything out to do warranty work so… I don’t know. I tend to do all the work myself lol.

Warranty is definitely the most important thing especially for someone like yourself

Dell has a special on their Inspirons right now, but in all honesty, you’re going to be spending in excess of 700 bones.

I priced a fairly low-end system out through newegg if you’re capable of assembling it yourself; I can email the cart to you if you like. Grand total shipped was around 550, excluding a monitor. E2200 processor, 2GB memory, 160GB HDD, case + 585W PSU, ATI x1650PRO video, DVD burner, wireless keyboard + mouse, Windows XP Home. (Vista Home Basic is like 5 bucks more, if thats your poison.) If you have access to an operating system already, knock about 90 bucks off the price.

Most of the off-the-shelf systems you find will be absolutely terrible for gaming - so you should probably define mild/medium gaming. Anything with an integrated graphics controller (like the HP you mentioned and just about any other proprietary manufacturer) is going to flat out suck in any sort of 3D title made recently. However, if all you do is play the occasional game of Quake III or older titles, it may work for you.

links??? i am also looking

bro just watch slickdeals.net or techbargains.com every day.

I see decently fast dells go up on there for 499 with huge monitors.

ILC, your advise sucks. The computer he is looking at sounds powerful, You will need a gaming card though.

edit: buy this, upgrade video card and ram http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/13197/Lenovo-ThinkCenter-A57-Desktop-Dual-Core-2-Ghz--512MB-DDR2--250GB-HDD--DVDRW--Vista-Home-Basic--19-Wide-LCD-Monitor-414