info on new camero

past experience

every camaro I have ever seen had more rattles than a 40 year old car that has had no maintenance done to it, ever.

waiting for the " my camaro’s interior is absolutely perfect and doesn’t rattle at all, I have never had a problem with the car, etc…"

how much will the new camaro weigh?

seriously. the new camaro looks like a freakin barge

I have yet to hear…but I would GUESS about 3,300-3,500 lbs

I think that’s why this is going to be a new generation of camaros… hence calling it the 5th gen. They might attempt to fix that by actually giving it a frame, and, god forbid, they did actually give the concept camaro an IRS.

I don’t know how to describe the interior… so i’ll do the lazy thing and post a linky to the forum index to cz28.com for all the 2009 camaro videos

http://videos.camaroz28.com/category/2009+Camaro+Concept/0.htm

and I believe the new camaro is guesstimated to weigh around ~3800 lbs.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/2010-chevrolet-camaro3.htm

Says “Base curb weight: 3550 pounds (CG estimate)”

the gt500 has more like 450 hp and at 40,000 is over priced. the camaro will always be faster then the mustang thats why the ford guys get so pissed. Ford did a good job with the new mustangs looks but thats about it they will always be slower

even the new challenger is going to be 4100 lbs. and they are similar in size.

3500 lbs is a lot lighter than 4100 lbs like the ford and mopar

he is just pised cause he had the super duper SHO race car. now that was quality

Sorry, 450+ the only reason they are overpriced right now is dealer markup. you think the new camaro is going to sell at sticker? :rofl:

Model Year: 2007
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Style GT500
Base Price: $39,000 (est.)
Drive Type: RWD
Transmission Type: T-56 6-speed manual
Displacement (liters): 5.4
Engine Type: Supercharged V8
Bore x Stroke: 3.552 x 4.165 inches / 90.22 x 105.8 mm
Valvetrain: DOHC, four valves per cylinder
Induction: Cast aluminum screw-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler
Horsepower: 450+
Torque: 450+
Braking System: Front: Brembo 14-inch cross-drilled disc w/ four-piston calipers; Rear: Brembo 13-inch cross-drilled disc w/ two-piston calipers
Steering System: Power rack and pinion
Body Construction: Unitized welded steel body; aluminum hood
Suspension Type (front): Reverse-L independent MacPherson strut, 34-mm tubular stabilizer bar
Suspension Type (rear): Three-link solid axle with coil springs, Panhard rod, 24-mm solid stabilizer bar.
Tire Size: P255/45ZR19
Wheel Size: 19x9.5 in. machined aluminum
Curb Weight (lbs): 3,600 (est.)
Recommended Fuel: Premimum Unleaded

Specifications
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Length, in. 188.0
Width, in. 73.9
Height, in. 55.7
Wheelbase, in. 107.1
Legroom (front): 42.7
Legroom (rear): 30.3
Headroom (front): 38.8
Headroom (rear): 36.3
Maximum Seating Capacity: 4
Cargo Volume 9.7 cu. ft.
Maximum Cargo Volume
(rear seats down): 9.7 cu. ft.

Safety Information
Front Airbags: Standard
Side Airbags: N/A
Head Airbags: N/A
Antilock Brakes: Standard
Electronic Brake Enhancements: Standard
Traction Control: Standard
Stability Control: N/A
Rollover Protection:
N/A
Emergency Assistance System: N/A

It also says that it’s suppose to be in dealer’s lots in 2010, when it’s going to be a 2009 model? I dont trust that source. And that’s suppose to be the v6 model.

As much as I would like it to weigh 3550 lbs, I dont think it will.

And as I think about it, no, i dont think it will be faster than the gt500. because in order to do that, the camaro has to be faster than the baseline corvette… which gm will never let happen.

Only time will tell though.

Either way, the baseline z28 will be faster than the baseline gt, and for poor ppl like myself, that’s all that matters.

Shelby GT500

Weight:

Coupe: 3919.8lbs
Convt: 4041.1lbs

Fucking pig

the new camaro will sell like crazy, in my opinion. i hope the top of the line model (whether it be Z28, SS or whatever) gets the ls7, then the one below it can get the ls3. regardless, i really want one. i sorta want to sell mine now and save up.

as a side note, i think the gt500 is badass. id buy one in a second and i really dont think its that overpriced. id rather spend sticker on a gt500 than sticker on a viper. its way more for your money. c6Z would be the best deal of the 3 in my opinion though.

hahahahahahaha - the SHO fucking owned joo.

I think it will creep up to around 4000 lbs and also think it won’t look exactly like the concept cars. GM has a way of turning a good project into a POS.

no prob not

the wheels will be slightly different/smaller (prob 18frnt 19rear) and the rear views will be diff. those are the main things they are sayin will change for production.

time will tell.

I hope you are correct. The mustang needs a competitor, it hasn’t had a worthy one in 38 years. :smiley:

STFU, Dude you drive Uncle Jessie truck, the continential drift is faster than that truck…:love:

well i dunno that theyd downgrade it to that level, so it might be alittle longer of a wait