Input? 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

Considering picking up a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE with a manual tranny. Anyone have any experience driving or owning one? Any imput, positive or negative is welcome.

come on man you know you dont want that ride. get your IS300 or your CTS-V

Yea, but its going to be my only means of transportation. So I’m kinda looking for a FWD or AWD for winter time practicality.

From the motor trend tests on the 3.5 SE, it seems decently quick for a mid size econo. 14.30@99 mph.

pick up an altima SEr

man that excuse of winter a RWD goes well in snow you know that

:ugh2: Dude, I almost died trying to drive my 240 to world of wheels in the snow.

well boosted rwd would be different.

but you dam well for a pimp of your status anything less then a CTS-V would be uncivilized

Yes, i guess that is true. There are a few cars I’m looking at. I havent found any cts-v’s in my price range locally yet. Other cars I’m considering:

-2005 Saab 9-3 Vector Turbo

-Lexus ES330

-2003 BMW 325Xi all wheel drive

I’ve driven one, they’re really nice smooth rides and with a manual they’re quick. Lots of torque steer, but that’s common with the Nissans. I’d def. buy an SE-R though when they come down to my price range.

and to think with a CTS-V its practical, powerful,RWD easily modded and ladies just love caddys

i could see you with one on 20s and running 12s as a DD. they make a nice boosted kit for them

what are you looking to spend kolar? i can maybe set you up with a good deal through work

I have heard horror stories about the 9-3 saabs.

I also heard of a lot of problems with the American built altima’s. If you get one built overseas, it’s a fucking tank. But if you get the ones built here in the US, it’s a nightmare. :dunno: that’s all what I heard though.

you forgot something there

EXPENSIVE!

whats money to kolar??? boy pisses money away with some of his activities im sure he can find a used one for a nice price. im sure if silver could afford one kolar can

mike is out of school with a fulltime job, kolar sold his toy to get back into school…

pick up a 1991 civic and put cash away during school, buy a nice house with the money you saved during school when school is finished, buy nice cars with paycheck from schooling.

sounds perfect :smiley:

VQ35, correct?

325xi ftw!

Stay away from the Saab.

Linden has one with 20’s and 5 speed… its really freakin nice… and hauls ass even with the 20’s… ill try to find a pic of it…