inspection hook up?

As long as you have the failure reciept you are good for up to 30 days without a sticker, just show the piggy the paper and they cant issue u a summons for it. Pm me or email Loudz34@aol.com
If you need a car inspected.

Loud, I may contact you when the MR2 is running again (waiting for a new wiring harness plug still, arghhh).

lol, they can most certainly still give you a ticket :ham: there is no law that says you get 30 days, wow…

the only “waiver” you get is a 10 day waiver if you A. fail emissions and B. have an expired inspection sticker

From my understanding you have 30 days to repair the problem, I will double check the book but i believe thats right, I could be worng…

that was the case some years back not anymore…not since the switch to obdII scanning at the least…

Yea your right, sorry, its only if it fails emissions. “A rejection notice is not an extention of an expired sticker. Only a 10day will be granted if vehicle failed an emission inspection, but not to exceed 10days as stated on the certificate”. But legaly a inspection shop is not to remove an inspection if its still valid. Only if its expired…

And as far as a waiver, what a nightmare to issue one. They want documented paperwork on repairs including part receipts. what a joke.

so youre really driving the car around with no brake lights? are you serious? you are the kind of driver that SHOULD NOT be on the road. that is NOT safe man, you’re not only endangering yourself, but everyone else on the road too. if i saw you driving with no brake lights, i would surely call the police, i’ve done it before.

sorry for the vent, i came in this thread because my inspection is up at the end of this month and im also in need of a sticker.

The only thing you get a 10 day extension for is (unset)monitors. Thats it period. and thats only if it’s expired. If you fail inspection for monitors on the 29th day of a 30 day month you can legally only drive it a day, unless you have it reinspected once its overdue (machine will only offer a 10 day once to the same vin # also btw). Registration basied enforcement is in place and set to start july 1 i believe.

p.s. waiver a joke??? if it wasnt documented it would be a nightmare and you’d have a bunch of crap running around. and btw the waiver stuff is checked.
p.s.s. The 400 waiver does not apply to MISSING emissions equiptment only defective equiptment

my car is an 84. will I pass if I take off my cat and make it a straight pipe? or should I wait till after I get it inspected lol.

Yes I have no brake lights and I am going to fix them as soon as I get my check. Unfortunatly I can’t walk to work and there is no form of public transportation out here so I’m fucked if I do and fucked if I dont kinda thing.

its definitely a pain in the ass when the NYS man comes to check up on ALL the records…

That emissions monitor readiness almost got me back in February. My friends and I had changed a timing belt 2 days before my inspection, and I hadn’t driven it enough to relearn the computer. The shop let me do the emissions again for free, which was nice of them.

How does this differ from prior? Or does it just mean it will be tied into your plate instead of a sticker? Will this make it so anyone buying a used car will be forced to renew inspections even if it still carries a valid inspection? (which we all know is a hidden revenue generator for the state)

And will they still be bothering with stickers at that point?

If they scraped your sticker off and it was valid at the time they scraped it off they are violating inspection laws. An expired ticket is the only one that can come off when the vehicle enters the shop. If it is a valid sticker until for example July 1, it cannot be taken off until the new sticker is applied.

man i don’t miss having ghetto cars

It will not apply to NEW registrations. if you need to renew and your car has not been inspected within the past 12 months- they will not allow you to re-register the car. It goes by VIN so if any of you inspectors out there like to enter the vin manually (why this is done is beyond me) make sure you get it right. or your customer will have to show a receipt that it was inspected to erie county auto bureau when they re-register. and vehicle owners---- save the receipt in the glove box to save yourself a headache

they can only scrape an expired sticker, if they scraped a valid sticker then i’d call the dmv

They can not hold your car by any means, call the police for that one

if you fail for a safety item you have 30 days to get it re-inspected w/ out having to pay the full $21 again, cops can still issue a ticket but most will not if you show them the inspection report saying that your getting it taken care of. if they do issue a ticket, you just need to have the inspector sign it once you’ve passed the inspection and you will only have to pay postage unless you drop it off at the police station.

if you failed for an inner tie rod then it must’ve been really bad, if it has a little play in it it’s still passable, i’d call the dmv if you think ur being ripped off and they’ll go to the shop personally and figure this stuff out.

almost all questions can be answered here http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/vehsafe.htm

any other questions you might have i’m sure pauly, loudgp, or myself can answer them for you.

and for all those looking for an inspection ‘hook-up’, try the valvoline’s first, there idiots