inspection hook up?

for some reason my fiance took her car to monroe for an inspection, even though i told her not too. i have had trouble there in the past. they are now telling her car needs 600 in new parts, which i just replaced two months ago. they scraped her nys inspection sticker off, so i need someone like now, tonight, tomorrow, who can hook me up with an inspection. help a fellow speeder out :wiggle:

These threads never go well, but good luck either way.

Edit- What is “wrong” with the car?

inner tie rod. which my father and i did ~2 months ago.

i know somebody on here has a hookup or something. i’d wait it out a week but she has no sticker at all now… i could really really use a hand.

and i am not trying to get it inspected for free, i have no problem with paying for that, but if you can lead me to someone who can hook me up i will get you a sixxer of your choice or mighty or something Bt when it opens back up, i just really need this favor.

did you re-check the tie rod?

If it’s ok, just take it t oa different shop. :shrug:

they said since they took the sticker off it cant leave or some bullshit… i am going to check and see if thats correct. even if it is loose or something i could snug it up and take it somewhere else, but thats only if i can get them to release it without the work done.

I thought that under NYS inspection laws you cannot be forced into having a car repaired at the shop that deemed the car unsafe and are given the opportunity to have the car repaired elsewhere?

Am I just imagining reading that?

Edit ------------------

“You are not required to have your vehicle repaired or re-inspected at the station that performed the initial inspectionl Your vehicle may be taken to any registered repair shop, or you may make the required repairs yourself. Your vehicle must then pass a new inspection, at an inspection station of your choice, before an inspection sticker will be issued.”
-http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm

Doesn’t say anything about them not being able to release the car to them. Tell them to show you the law that says you can’t have the car back.

My car didnt pass either and they ripped it off. But they never said i couldnt drive it. I drove it for a few days with out it and just parked it in the garage until i could find somewhere to get it done.

Go get your car. They can’t keep it. If they say they can’t let it leave, threaten to call the cops. Just tell the police you want to take it elsewhere and the shop keeps insisting you can’t.

In my experiences, your usually better off at a small privately owned shop. Yes, most of the time you need to make an appointment, but they won’t try to milk you $600 for a $20 part.

they dont legally own the car and you dont owe them money so if they wanna keep thats fine they just stole your vehicl go have them arrested. is this the on on niagara fallsblvd and eggert. if so let me know i have already put them in there placeo n trying to rip my friend off ill do it again.(ps i got 2 people fired last time)

this is the one on erie in NT.
i am going to call them again and see tell them they have to release the car to me.

i guess i can store it until i can find a place to inspect it and not jew me on it.

somebody has to have a hook up.

anybody?

Why is every Monro so shady? The one in Hamburg tried to get my mom for almost $400 for a ~$50 exhaust pipe on her Windstar, to replace the rotted one that THEY installed only 1.5 years before that. She almost paid it. I convinced her not to, and she had her mechanic do it for next to nothing.

yeah the cop that gave me my ticket thursday scraped mine off lmfao. Yeah I need an inspection BAD. Only thing wrong with it is no ebrake. I never bother fuckin with it to hook it up. its an auto, I dont need it. My brake lights took a shit on me recently also…gotta fix the switch on the pedal or w/e.

You can run it out here to my shop if you would like. Bring the failure reciept also… 6515 Seneca St elma ny 652-2331

Hah, my MR2 is expired inspection too. only thing wrong is the e-brake. Such a lame reason for a failed inspection.

i failed inspection 3 times so far in 2yrs, and i still drove away, so yup edit is right

I thought the law was also that you could get an exception from the inspection if you spend $400 or more on repairs and it still doesn’t pass??

Not on safety. Emissions only

Was the sticker expired?

^they can only scrape the sticker off if it’s expired. At that point who cares if you are driving with an expired sticker or no sticker. Just stick a hat or something in the windshield so a passing cop can’t easily tell that the sticker is missing. Then take is somewhere else.