NYS 10 day extension for inspection....

My car failed its inspection and i need to get one of those 10 day inspection…has anyone gotten one and what do you need to do to get one?? i dont wannna get pulled over with the 05 one…any help would be great

the print out sheet that the shop SHOULD have given you has it written on there doesnt it? mine did.

^^ they didnt give me any sheet…they just dont me i failed and gave me the trouble codes…i just need to get this 10 day extension so i dont get pulled over

U DO NOT GET A 10 DAY IF U FAIL. ALSO NYS LAW NOW GIVES 10 DAYS FROM WHEN ITS DUE TO GET IT DONE.

My brother got a speeding ticket with a bad inspeciton sticker ontop of it, he had hte option of after getting the ticket to get it inspected within 10 days or soemthing to get it revoked.

you only get a 10 day extension if your emission test fails due to readiness monitors being “not ready”…not if they flat out fail…and that extension prints on the NYSI receipt…

Fucking NYS. I am going to have to deal with this shit in the spring when I get my car back together… My readiness monitors will be fucked, as well as having to run around with a fucking 05 sticker until they reset. I would be better off just yanking the thing off and hoping for the best… better off than having that green sticker sticking out like a sore thumb.

Oh, and let me say again: New York Blows so unbelievably hard. I will have to fuck with my fuel system and EMS once a year just to pass their bullshit test. Oh… and fuck AEM too for not making their systems OBD-2 scannable. Slightly illegal…but fuck them anyway.

/Rant Off

I forget what my brother said his ticket was for not being up to date, wasn’t nearly as bad as the 80 in a 55 though

price you pay for modding your car :shrug:

not if you got an fbody and hptuners :smiley:

or buy pre obdII cars :idea:

U should of had it inspected b4 u stored it

Yeah, hindsight works pretty good in theory. Unfortunately it doesnt work in reality! I wasnt planning to have my car in 6000 peices when I stopped driving it, and it was shitty weather by the time I did.

If all of your monitors have not been completed and an emissions repair has been made you will get the 10 day extension. Bring in a receipt for an o2 sensor or something. Do you think we send cars off without an inspection or 10 day when we clear CELs. It also only takes like 2 short trips to get close to all of your monitors set. You can have 2 not ready in '01 and earlier cars. Hell if the vehicle is present year or 1 year prior it’s not even scanned for emissions. You also should be able to get a 10-day from the DMV if you have to re-register the car.

mike, i will read your codes with my SCT software scanner, and trace it in advantage and see what i can find…my SCT should narrow down further than universal OBD2 scanners, call me wednesday and we’ll get this taken care of, also order/buy a new TPS again from autozone, ill swap that in with my old stock TB to see if that takes care of it. sound good???

Take the sticker off of your DD vehicle and go get your DD inspected again. I’m pretty sure the cops don’t have the technology YET to know if a particular sticker belongs on a particular car. The stickers have the bar code on them but I think it’s a year or 2 away for the cops to actually scan your registration and sticker when you get pulled over. Go to sears and buy a 9.99 razor blade scraper and soak the sticker with windex. Take your time and it will come off perfect.

if the dd is obd2, will that still work? i get the feeling they would get a bit suspicious if the computer says you still have x months left until expiration and your sticker says its overdue. maybe i just have to find an older car…

My point is that they don’t know YET when you get pulled over, exactly what sticker is supposed to be on your car. Eventually they will be able to scan your sticker and registration when you get pulled over, and they’ll know right away if the sticker belongs on your car or not. Right now they just look to see if it’s expired, but that WILL change.

Cure for expired inspection in WNY = snow on the corner of the windshield.:smiley:

no you dont, not any more. they were going to do that, but it never happen, if you fail you fail, you have to just fix whats wrong and redo it.