New temp inspection question?

okay. I never turn my plates in ever. Which is stupid, but I always finance my insurance on a payment plan, so my thinking is by keeping insurance current all the time. It A) looks good to insurance companys, and B, might be helping my credit. (could be wrong on both dont care)

That being said I’ve had plates and insurance on a project vehicle that hasnt moved in a year, so the 10 day inspection ran out, close to a year ago.

How do I go about getting another 10 day inspection so I can drive it to get it inspected when its finally finished in a month or so?

Do I just go to the dmv and beg?

I don’t know, but you HAVE to get one. My friend was ticketed THREE times from boston to west seneca taking his car out of storage because it was 3 months past overdue. and it was also not a fix-it ticket.

No, just ask.

i didn’t think they would issue one. why not just get it inspected and save the trip to the dmv. or go to the junk yard and get a sticker

They’re not supposed to do that

One of the smaller DMV offices might help you out.

If not have AAA tow it somewhere?

or just don’t make a big deal out of it and drive it a couple miles to get a inspection

if u want another ten day you have to turn the plates in and hope they will give u a ten day. they technically arent suppose to give u one unless the vehicle has been off the road for a year. but they gave me a ten day and my car was only off the road for ten mins lol

Went through the same thing a cpl months ago. However they told me if I turned in the plates the vehicle could not be registered to me again for 3 days. They will not just give you another 10 day, or as stated they arent supposed to. I just ended up driving the car with no sticker to the closest shop I trusted.

Its in the sticks. I’d be driving 15 + miles to get it inspected. looks like ill be trailering it. FML.

My 10 day expired in febuary, Yet to be stopped.

i had a ten day for 9 months.

I had one for several years on a car I only drove once in a while- no idea how the DMV didn’t catch on. I’ve 9 months or so on several, never pulled over. But if they were to see a sticker in last year’s color they’d get you in a second. Just drive it.

I got pulled over back in January for a 3 month expired sticker. Ended up getting it inspected, wrote a letter of appeal and attached my receipt of passing my inspection and they dropped it. I would just chance it and hope you don’t get pulled over.

Same here, but not quite as long. I got a 10 day back in June from the dmv, and then had the car apart doing some maint. Long story short July rolled around and it was Nationals weekend, so I wanted to get a sticker put on. I got to the shop and my fuckin check engine light popped on b/c of the catless X. I was hoping I could run it through the machine and get another 10 day in the event I got pulled over that weekend, not the case. I haven’t had a reg. sticker or inspection sticker on my windshield since June with no issues. (somehow)

If you keep insurance in the car, you can keep the plates with the reg and insep/ overdo. And have no fines or delay penalty’s anything from the DMV. They do not care. But if you drive the car and get pulled over the cop will care.

I did this, this spring.
The just get the car inspected, (ya I know you tech have to drive the car the set the monitors, The DMV says thats your problem), When you wane to get it back on the road and get it inpected. Then you can renew your reg. Online they knew my inspection was overdue and NYS would not let me renew my reg. Got the car running and got it inspected. Then the next day online to renew the reg. it didn’t ask for the current inspection number. NYS already new I just got it done. So the Cost was the $21 for inspection. and 80-85$ or whateverr to renew the reg.

OR
you turn the plates in, and take the car off the road… then re reg. the car all over. Get the new yellow plates and a new 10day. Thats the only way to get the temp inspection. there is NO new/temp 10 day. 5 day anything. For having you car repired for crash/ re painted/repair parts on back order/ it was stolen/ there was a flood… if you reg/inspec. expires while the car is broke/your working on it/ waiting for parts. NOTHING. thats the only 2 things you can do.

If you don’t keep the insurance on it and you keep the plates. There is a fine, per day. I think its 5 or 8$ per day. And you can’t rereg. the car. For the amount of time it was past due and you didn’t have insurance on it, and had plates.