Soooo...I need an NYS inspection

:beer2:

Im sorry, do we know you? name sounds familiar but that guy stopped posting a long time ago. :smiley:

Broke from my cah, finally paid my Time Warner bill…bioootch

i have a terrible cough coughhhhhh too and need one bad as well lol anyone??

youre gonna need the inspection machine receipt also. Auto bureau wont re register it with out it

Unless its OBD1 right?

I want to know what happens if you get pulled over while driving to get inspected!?

Probably tickets for expired registration and no inspection. Fucking NYS! Making everything soo difficult.

Not that I <3 NY or anything close to it but to suggest NY is the one making it difficult once someone has let their shit lapse is funny. What state would allow you to drive without being registered and inspected (if mandated), even if claiming to be on your way to do so? As car owners we are supposed to be responsible adults and should be able to understand the rules, abide by them and keep track on when our reg/inspections are due. The stickers are on the car for christ sake. Would it be NY’s fault if you failed to pay attention to your fuel gauge and ran out of gas?

I paid for my new reg even though it expired 3/11. I wonder what they would do if I got pulled over…I haven’t received mine in the mail…

I was simply saying that for people who have “summer cars” that don’t get driven year round its retarded. Pay to play I guess. My inspection expired already and my registration is due and it says right on the form that my car needs to be inspected before it can be renewed. I am not ready to put the car on the road yet this year and by the time I am, the registration will be expired. So I’m in a catch 22.

I guess I could of got my car inspected before I took it off the road. Apparently I’m not a responsible adult for not doing so.

I’ll be forced to drive the car illegally or get it towed to the inspection station.

My DD is no problem obviously. That’s easy to keep on top of.

If you goto the dmv and register it they will give you a ten day.

I didn’t think this was how they handled that, if it is I understand your side better. Is that only renewals? Because I know on new reg you get the 10 day inspection sticker. I never have let either lapse as I only drive DD.

That’s what I thought as well.

Considering that seasonal cars spend…what…6 months off the road? You’re looking at spending an extra $10.50 (NYSI is $21) to get the inspection concurrent with the reg if you do the inspection before you pull it off the road. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I’ve never had to use one of those inspection reports that get printed. So the DMV wants to see it before they will register your car??

only on a new reg not a re-reg

Meh, inspections are gay anyways.

mega gay

That’s a solid point. Well worth the $10.50 to avoid headaches/hassles and a potentially a much bigger cost.

So stupid IMO. I know you don’t make the rules…but do you know the thought behind that rule?

Oh, he makes the rules alright

Guys won’t help you in the service department?