Soooo...I need an NYS inspection

Well, this time everything will be done at the same time for my car so maybe I won’t run into this problem again.

And about the ten day inspection, I’m pretty sure the DMV only gives 10 days for new cars, not cars you have owned. They changed it at some point. They used to give them whenever you changed registration or renewed or whatever.

I’m sure the ten day wouldn’t help me anyway. Yeah I’d have inspection while driving to get inspected, but still no registration. They want the bar code scanned into the system off the inspection sticker before they’ll renew the regi.

I’m sure I could just turn in my plates and start anew but I don’t like the new plates. That would get me around everything though. Maybe they would give a ten day in that case???

They will give you a ten day if it has expired and you re register.

Good to know!

the guy that works for the dmv says otherwise?

silly obd2 honda kids

lol

going through the same thing right now myself. reg/ins overdue due to sitting for the winter. Lady at the DMV tells me i’d be better off driving my un-reg’d vehicle to a inspection station, get it inspected then renew my reg online. Otherwise i’m looking at more than dbl the cost to turn in my plates, wait 2 days and re-reg to get a 10 day.

Yeah fuck that.

Make sure you tell the cop who pulls you over on the way there that the lady at the dmv said it was ok for you to drive around with expired reg and inspection.

I would love to know if you can really simply turn in your plates wait two days go back and get a new 2 year reg with a temp inspection. That would be a simple way to circumvent the process of no reg without a valid inspection on file.

Believe me i’m not thrilled about it. But the inspection shop is literally 2 turns from my house. So…

I would love to know if you can really simply turn in your plates wait two days go back and get a new 2 year reg with a temp inspection. That would be a simple way to circumvent the process of no reg without a valid inspection on file.

And yes you can simply turn in the plates and go back later. I went Saturday, they told me I would have to wait until at the earliest Tuesday to come back and re-register the vehicle. But it’s going to cost dbl what a renew would be as well as being forced to take those awful new plates.

:frowning:

I looked into this before for EVOMR^ It is do-able, you just need to have a residence and you can mail all the paperwork in. They do require a dealer/inspection station to “verify” the vehicle, meaning check to make sure the vin is correct and prepare a letter on company letterhead stating they viewed the vehicle and it is what you say it is.

Jeller

Walk into a DMV and ask them. When I told the woman I wasnt sure she was right she asked her manager and she said the same exact thing. But again your looking at easily dbl the cost.

my info is what is supposed to happen. unfortunately we have Erie County Auto Bureau here not a state DMV office. Erie countny dont always get things right.