Inspection question

DMV told me today that if you fail an inspection, the shop can issue you a temp 10 pass. I never heard of this. Any truth to it?

Never heard of this. As far as I know they rip off your inspection and send you on your way with a fail paper.

• Updated - - -

Just looked it up. Guess they can. Scroll to the bottom. http://dmv.ny.gov/inspection/new-york-vehicle-inspection-program-nyvip

• Updated - - -

Here

They can. I’ve issued 100’s.

Makes sense, they’ll let you slide for 10 days for emissions but if it’s mechanical it has to be fixed immediately.

Only for an emissions fail. You still have to pass safety to get the 10 day.

This.

Isn’t it only if you still have time on your sticker? If you roll in to the shop with an inspection months over due I don’t think they are that lenient.

If its expired they’re supposed to scrape it but if you’re not setting your emissions monitors they will give you a 10 day for drive cycles.

It has to be expired to obtain an emissions extension.

Well delta does not participate in the extensions…

If its an emission failed, on and over due sticker, it automatically prints on the bottom of the recite. they would have to option out of it to not issue it that would be silly.

come see me at EZ tire & auto in NT I can issue you a 10 day. or give you suggestions on getting it passed.

has anyone that’s done inspections seen anything plugged into the odb2 ports cause readiness stuff to not be ready?

I had my truck inspected earlier this month (while at a dealer) but it failed because the readiness tests were not complete and they said it was from my dashhawk being plugged in???
truck was at the dealer for some warranty work, but they swear they did not disconnect the battery (even after changing out the air compressor for the suspension and a seat heating pad)…

I just ran into a car that had an insurance obd2 box that was causing the battery to run low and rest the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick google search and there are a few posts about it

I came across those too, but some of you do inspections and I was curious if you ever ran into things plugging into the odb2 affecting readiness.