Another F@K3 Inspection Sticker Question

I know this has been covered many many times… especially most recently in this thread: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48782&highlight=inspection+sticker… but I dont know what to take for true or false out of this?

So what im asking is for people to post only if they are certian of the truth regarding the law. Can cops pull my inspection information from running plates? Do they pull the vin from your ecu?

I have an obd2 Car with a stand alone and I dont wanna switch back ECUs. Im sure I can find similar makes and models of my car, just not the same year. I want the “most authentic” inspection sticker I can get. (meaning when a cop scans mine I want it to show my car)\

Then after all that, if anyone has a hookup, please feel free to pm me:snky:

Someone School me???

what it is is that the inpspection sticker has a a scanable bar code that is linked to whatever car was used to inspect in…VIN , Reg, plates…by scanning the barcode on the insp. sticker they would get all that info to see if it matches. So far I dont know if any of local police agencies have this scanner but they can also put the number in their carputer and run it that way. Also in the works at teh DMV is that when u get ur car inspected all the numbers and info are noted and the DMV will send u notices of when ur inspection is due and if u dont get it reinspected within a time frame ur reg will be suspended.

Chances are if your car doesnt look like a turd a cop wont run the insp #

Ok… I knew all that much. Im asking for the specific inspection process. How can I get the sticker to be “my own” knowing that the car will never actually pass?

How about: you can’t.

swap ecu back to stock for inspection?

If it’s such a big concern for you, buy another car that’s pre-OBDII, swap VIN plates and register and insure that car. I’m not saying I’ve done this before but it works.

edit and make the car you bought dissappear.

Here’s the thing.

If you just buy a sticker from someone, or acquire one somehow, then the record will come up as the car not being inspected.

Then if you go so many years in a row they won’t let you renew your registration. Happened to my buddies piece of shit blazer, they wouldn’t give him tags unless he inspected it.

I worked somewhere that swapped cars to inspect.certain members here can tell u every car they did this to

naaa it can be done i’m sure the machine will let you… LMAO

and Cavi thats like federal charges illegal, not a smart move

Swap ECUS for a day. Hell, leave the Hydra in and just have the other computer laying on the floor. Don’t need to do much that way.

:lol:

Its not going to be swapping the stock ECU in for a day…He would have to drive it till all the monitors are set…Along with having all the other emissions equipment in place…unless you can reprogram the stock ECU to automatically pass them like you can on LS1 cars.

And driving around with a stolen sticker isn’t serious? It all is in some form of way but at least what I said is much harder to figure out as long as you do it right. Every sticker you buy off of someone has been reported stolen by the shop. You have stolen property on your vehicle now. You tell me which you’d rather do.

edit and btw, stolen sticker on your car = felony charge

Well ones a felony and ones not…

You guys want answers for doing something illegal and when the only answers are to do something else illegal you bitch. How about you just do what the state requires in the event that your car won’t pass inspection:

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/vehsafe.htm

There’s your sticker. Quit bitching or buy a fuckin pre-OBDII car.

• The emissions control system of your vehicle must be intact. The system must not show any evidence of tampering.

You can’t use this method…

Why did you take it off? What did you save, all of 15 lbs? I shit more than that.

He replaced the STOCK ECU with an aftermarket to better control whatever injector/turbo setup he has…

ECU is part of emissions…

well depending exactly whats done to the car some people CAN swap back in their stock ecu, drive it around out of boost, and pass. i’ve seen it done before which is why i suggested it

I just don’t see what the big deal is. If he wants a real inspection sticker, one that prints out his car when scanned and one that’s actually activated, he’s gonna have to do a little bit of work. If he doesn’t want to do any work, well, better start making friends in Albany.

wow i love clueless people