NYSI for a car that has a standalone

Hook ups? Anyone have the ability to help a brotha out here, PM if so as to keep it quiet thank you. :slight_smile:

:snky:

i dont know anyone

bump, i need this as well

You would need to just buy the sticker… and I dont know of any shops that would do that.
Most need to scan the car… I hate OBD2 laws.

it would be impossible to trick the nysi computer to pass an obd2 car that doesnt have an obd ecm anymore… so yea u would have to buy a sticker

someone needs to make a OBD2 port emulator. :slight_smile:

Brian

definetly, I dont think it would be that hard even for the average programmer.

even if you did buy a sticker, when a cop follows you and runs your plate wouldn’t his computer show its not inspected?

just a trooper, and he would need the sticker number off of your windshield

eh tough to do legally.

the cool thing to do is scan reg and plug a different but same manufactor car in

the dmv crakced down on that last year
on my shop on my old manager, turns out he got rid of over 40 packs of saftey/emmisions stickers with the same vin number for just switching the connector at the start of the emissions test, he got fined 50$, the shop got fined 10000, but he didnt get fired XD

agreed

lucky because its 700 for being a retail shop. 700 more if you sell cars. and 700 for being the inspector. a guy in niagara falls got caught cost him tons. the never fined him for the 99 and older cars. i never said you wouldnt get caught. what do you care anyways.

So can anyone actually help me out?

I’m pretty sure that would be a negative… if you convert it back to OBD2 even if you throw 2 codes… I’m sure tons of people could help but not with out an OBD2 computer.

the NYS computer doesnt pull VIN information from teh ecu… so the best way is to get a stock model of that car, hook the scanner into that, and scan the reg of the car with a standalone…

That will work.

If you try the “buy a sticker” method, they are starting to request the inspection sticker numbers when you re-register your car, linking the inspection to a specific car, etc…

X…

Well that’s cool, so can anyone help me out ?

get someone else with an evo and show upwith him and ill take it from there