Another F@K3 Inspection Sticker Question

they can tell whether your car is inspected by running your plates. it all came up when i got pulled over in clarence center.

I don’t think your gona read the answer your looking for here.

your asking for a PM, make it worth their effort lol

West seneca has some way of checking an inspection sticker. i was suspected of having a stolen inspection sticker. exact words from the officer: “how the fuck did this pile of shit pass inspection?” I didn’t want tell him because I paid 75 bucks cash for my inspection. i told him it was good when it passed. he then did something to verify my inspection matched my car then walked away confused.

do you know anybody that is a cop? Ask them how they do it. And most cops wont run your inspection unless its a POS or ricer or if its not the right color

if your car wont pass inspection, just scrap it.

on a serious note, i have NEVER heard of of a cop running the inspection number on a car. if your car is registered and the sticker is valid, 99% of the time you will be fine unless you are an asshole, then the cop can make your life a living hell. everything is computerized so like everyone has been saying, it will catch up to you in a few years.

I’m honestly surprised no one has made an OBD-II “Scan tool tester”

another of these threads? Do me a favor, when you find a place that gives into you, please post the Location & Inspector’s number. :roll:

why don’t you people consider this when buying / building the car in the first place.

according to what APD friends have told me in a non-traffic stop setting, this is true.

people have talked about it for a couple years across the state. haven’t seen anything materialize.

Inspection info is directly related to registration files now. It was not previously.

I go to Valvoline on NFB across from Timmy Ho’s and Starbucks by the 290. I passed no problem when I thought I would fail.

My first post people… I dont want to hear people posting “what they think.” Thats all that came out of that first thread I linked and i have no clear answer.

Pauly… you seem to be confident or have some sort of knowledge of the laws and process. Is there any way short of putting back my stock ECU that will grant me an authentic inspection sticker that will vouch for my vehicle with my vin???

No

Your OEM issued ECU is required.

I kinda have alot of knowlegde of this subject. As sherm said—No. There may be some advanced software out there that will allow it to be done, but not reasonably. As far as the LS series type stuff (like HP tuners etc…) it can be done but it still throws flags. Just because no one has been prosecuted as of yet doesnt mean it doesnt show up.

the laws have changed since some of us have owned the cars…

as far as i know, there is no easier way of doing this, short of throwing the stock ecu back in or finding a real shady shop

open your own shop and become certified!

That doesn’t do shit when you have to plug it into a computer you buy from NYS…

no but you can get your own stickers and it would be easier

edit: it wouldnt be easier but you could get stickers

You realize all stickers are bar coded and accounted for?

NYS over sees NYS inspections…to prevent shit like this from happening…

pre 95 FTW