Is your NYS Inspection Sticker Falling Off....? Replace it for free.

This was on the news last night…

http://www.wgrz.com/includes/tools/print.aspx?storyid=65700

http://www.wgrz.com/genthumb/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/imagepool/images/090408112613_WGRZDMV-CM.JPG

The Department of Motor Vehicles says there’s a problem with the adhesive on about two million inspection stickers. The stickers aren’t sticking to drivers windshields the way they are supposed to. Drivers can be ticketed; however, in this case, the DMV has alerted police about the issue.

Ken Brown, DMV spokesman, says “We have asked law enforcement to take the appropriate action and use their discretion that they deem appropriate. However, anybody who does want to have a new sticker can write to the Department of Motor Vehicles and say that they have a defective sticker and we will provide a new one free of charge.”

To get a replacement sticker, you will need the following information:

• The serial number of the original inspection sticker, if available
  • The year and make of the vehicle
  • The vehicle plate number
  • The odometer reading at the time of the last inspection
  • The date of the last inspection
  • Your daytime phone number.

You can mail the information to the address below. Please be sure to indicate “defective sticker” in your letter.

Bureau of Consumer and Facility Services
Division of Vehicle Safety Services
NYSDMV
P.O. Box 2700-ESP
Albany, NY 12220-0700

http://www.nysdmv.com/sticker/default.html

Or, you could also simply tape the sticker to your windshield.

Oh good, that is annoying the shit out of me.

Mine is also just barely sticking.
:tup:

Looks like an easy way for people to get cars “inspected”?

This is good news. Mine is starting to peel off. Now they just need to fix the registration sticker also.

yeah neither my inspection nor my registration ever stuck right. I hate that.

Good to know, mine fell off a couple days ago.

Wish they’d do the same thing for the registration stickers.

Yea, my reg is taped with friggin scotch tape… looks ghetto

Sarah just called me this morning to inform me that the sticker fell off the window and behind the dash. Now I get to go pull the dash off to get the Friggin serial number. BASTARDS!

nice, no more scotch tape haha

If you can remember the date that you got it done, you can find out the serial number from the shop you got it from. all they have to do is pull it up on the inspection computer main menu. also if you kept the printout from the inspection computer, that should have the serial number right on it.

you also need the receipt from the inspection shop…

your best to just go get the car re inspected… if it will pass no problem

OHOHOH!! It will pass no problem, but I always keep the receipt in the glove box… I never thought about that having the serial.

Why would I want to pay $24 to have it reinspected when I had it done last month?

Well, between tearing your dash apart like you said you were going to and getting a new inspection I’d rather pay the $24.

But as mentioned, there are better options than either of those 2.

Just leave it off, if you get pulled over, tell the cop to look behind your dash hahahaha.

Oh viper I like your new sig!

My inspection is always fine. My registration never stays on tho. With the cost to register a car, you think they could afford a little better quality glue.

My registration is also looking like shit.

I put a brand new registration sticker on our company car and it fell off 2 mins later. There was no glue on the damn thing. Its taped on now.

Haha mine too. The one in my company car is on with tape. My 3 has been on 2 months and 1/2 way off too.

last night on the news the guy on the phone they talked to said you needed the current sticker and the receipt of the last inspection that you had done. fuck if i would have the receipt from then, or even with the car i just bought, its all inspected when you get the car without you paying. and mine has already fallen off.