NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law PDF?

anyone have one? i want to look up the law that i “broke” for when i go to court next week

judging from the officers chicken scratch, i was in violation of section 4031 registration sticker not properly affixed. if someone could maybe just post that whole section for me that would be awesome

thanks

I haven’t found the law, but this might help you:

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/press/pr050609.htm

I’m not sure when you received your sticker but there have been many problems with these.

“We recognize the issue of inspection and registration stickers failing to adhere to vehicles is an inconvenience to our customers,” said Commissioner Swarts. “We have notified law enforcement agencies that may come across loose or taped stickers to use their discretion whenever possible. We have also made the process of obtaining a new sticker, should one be required, as easy as possible for our customers.”

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=@LLVAT+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=22950526+&TARGET=VIEW

its just really annoying.

1. NYS gives me a shitty adhering sticker, which i pay over $100 for
  2. said shitty adhering sticker falls off
  3. a city of buffalo cop pulls me over 3 blocks from where 2 people were murdered the week before, and issues me a ticket for said government issued sticker not adhering properly to my windshield
  4. i have to take off a day of work, unpaid at this point bc im still a temp, in order to attempt to resolve the situation, which came from an overpriced, poor quality piece of paper i am forced to purchase from nys, also i will most likely be paying an additional $100 fine.
  5. im sorry i dont carry scotch tape around with me

:ham:

Did you have the registration sticker in the car with you? Did you show it to the officer and tell him it won’t stick?

print out the article

yes. i also had the other copy in my glove box, a valid inspection, no lights out, quiet exhaust, ect. literally nothing else wrong with the car. he still wrote me a ticket

im going on wed at 1. this is such shit, it really just makes me so angry. like im going to just give up and pay the fine for this bs, and not fight it. i really should just plead guilty and pay the fine, it would just be so much easier

Print out the DMV press release about the sticker glue and take it with you. Should be dropped.

but you gotta stick it to the man!!!

When did you get the ticket? The batch of bad inspection stickers was in 2009 and would have expired in 2010.

I have had my temp on my new car still because I am waiting for the perfect day to stick my new one since it never stays on.

Cops are everywhere tho pulling people over for everything. I know more people who have been getting stopped by city cops for doing pretty stupid things that typically wouldn’t be bothered in the city like: 40 in a 30, failure to stop at a stop sign, and rolling through a right on red. All were given week nights too so its not even like they were a typical 2am traffic stop for a attempt to get a DWI.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Registration. Not inspection.

As long as the reg is from that time when they were having all the problems I’m guessing he can get this dropped then. On the other hand if the judge is in a bad mood he could just say piss off since this issue was back in 2009 and he’s had plenty of time to get a replacement sticker with the good adhesive. I’m putting the odds about 50/50 for dismissal since it’s Buffalo and they all suck.

It was both Reg & Inspection that had bad glue. Man, none of you guys read the links I’ve posted :slight_smile:

Since this is a known issue and NYS even waives the fee I doubt the judge will toss it out. The only possible way out that might work would to get a new reg. sticker and show the judge the receipt.

Super gay cop, Jam, super gay indeed.

This is what I’d be worried about. If it was closer to when the issue started I’d bet the judge would cut more slack, but it’s been 2 years. 50/50 chance seems about right. Better hope the judge got a hummer the night before.

My sticker that expires later this year has been falling off since a month after I got it.