Inspection PITA

Ah failed inspection again because both of my rear plate lights were out. I checked all the lights before I left, just forgot to check those. Pretty stupid of me not to check since my truck failed two years in a row when the sockets rusted out for the plate lights. Geeeeeez

dont feel bad, I passed inspection with blacked out inner turn lights, then a week later the albany sheriff didnt like it too much, and gave me unauthorized lights…

Least its a simple fix…

They didn’t offer to replace them right there on the spot?

Yeah sounds like he must have taken it to a vavoline or someplace like that without knowing the guys. Those guys are dicks.

I took my girlfriends neon to my dads usual shop, the guy said i needed wipers and a rear tail light. I told him i’d take it straight to walmart and do that, he slapped a sticker on the window, I took care of the stuff myself.

the bulbs were good, I think the sockets are bad.

yeah i took it to valvoline, better than most places though that can do more than just change bulbs.

worst comes to worst, my buddy passed a few years back with windshield washer squirts above his rear plate

i also failed this year :frowning:

I got away with it the past 2 times i went to get it inspected, but this time i couldn’t squeak by…brake light sensor, $80 part, and i got hit for 1 hour diagnostic and 1 hour replacement labor…sucks, but at least now i have brake lights lol…

and i really dont know how, in 3 years…i never once got pulled over for them…the 3rd brake light worked…the top one, but it does nothing, barely noticeable…

evo passed yesterday, woohoo… lucky me

I took mine to firestoned a few years ago, they told me it needed wipers, and wanted $40 installed. I told them I’d go get new ones and come back, they said they would charge me for a second inspection if the car left the lot, so I said "if it leaves the lot? Ok, and walked across the street to delta sonic, bought a set for a still expensive $20, slapped them on and said ok, sticker me up :slight_smile: "

spencer, why didnt you take it to autohaus, you know matt or norm will take care of you.

Jeller

I’m afraid to my have my Mustang inspected. I know I would fail.

Inspection is not a hard thing to pass IMHO. From I believe '94 and older, its just saftey and a visual check of the emissions ( OBD I )… OBD II is where it sucks…

:lol: Take that Firestone Fuckups!

God I can’t stand those bastards… :tdown:

yea but u really needed that.

or me and stevo u dumbass

im not sure if my g20 will pass or not… brakes arent the best…and when i tried to change the rears… i need calipers. as far as inspection goes… i think once its inspected and it fails… they just print out a sheet telling you that it failed and you dont have to pay again…thats BS.

come on guys ur scarin me with my car now :frowning:

I just wanted to go during my lunch at work, thought it would just pass anyways. No big deal, I fixed the lights last night. The bulbs were both bad and one of the sockets needed some convincing to get back working but its all good now.

It matters what you fail for, safety or emissions. Mine was safety so theres a 10 dollar charge to reinspect. These prices are regulated by the DMV so shops are not allowed to charge more, but they can charge less.