installing N62 MAF

hey i just bought a N62 MAF and got this wiring instructions off the next as follows

Z32 plug
A-empty
B- Signal (white)
C-Chassis Ground (black)
D-Harness Ground (orange)
E-Power (black/White)
F- empty

Sr harness

White-Signal
Black- Ground
Black/white-Power

just wondering if this is correct

thanx

I did mine a couple days ago and that info looks correct

well i wired it up like that with the chassis ground straight to my negative terminal and my car starts but dies right away and when i disconnect the white signal wire the car runs but wont rev over 3000rpm
what could be wrong if the MAF was said to be in fine working order

thanx dan

What type of piggyback are you using to control the Z32 MAF???

diddo!! (I was gonna ask the same thing)

use shielded wire for the signal

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/MAF%20Z32%20CONVERT%20TO%20OTHER%20NISSANS.PDF
used this when i had to rewire mine. and if your not reving above 3000 and its burning rich your signal is the problem and it will run in safe mode till you get it right, thus rich and no rev above 3000 (should be more like 2500)

I’m guessing he’s got no fuel control and just the Z32 MAF…

You need to remember that the Z32 MAF flows twice the air of an SR MAF.
The voltage at 1000rpm is going to be lower so it might be starving itself of fuel…
When you disconnect the signal the car runs entirely off the O2 sensor and won’t rev over 3000 so it runs pig rich but it’ll keep running.

aite i guess im in need or sumkind of fuel control now what types should i looks for ie; SAFC or is there n e thing cheaper out there i knew i needed injectors and a fuel control unit to make the 350-400RWHP i want outa the new turbo so if any of u guys have any suggestions for a fuel control system and injectors please let me know

thanx
dan

If you are looking to make that much power on a SAFC (or something cheaper) as a piggyback then Im going to say you could be in for a surprise. Not that it cant be done but with the adjustment of fuel and no way to control ignition could lead you to be very dissapointed or at worse a blown motor.

If you are looking to make big power like that you need some sort or real engine management. Get an EPROM chipped ECU at the very least. Enthalpy is a good start. Eventually you’ll find out that youll need a full standalone.

Its not as easy as bolting on the parts and making 400rwhp. You need to have proper tuning for the car to make the power. Oh and seriously dont cheap out on this…it’ll cost you more in the long run.

I hate to say it but do you have any idea what you’re doing? You coulda already fucked up your motor when you just wanted to run it with the Z32 MAF and a new turbo without any type of fuel controller. And you want to get to 350-400rwhp for “cheap”? Sigh, another typical kid who wants the usual “300whp” but seems to have done no research what so ever.

But if you want that much power, I’m pretty sure that you’d need 740cc injectors + a way of controlling the fuel and Z32 MAF. I wouldn’t go with an SAFC.

aite oviously i know i needed injectors the maf a headgasket and a fuel computer and tuning i just wanted to know a good type of fuel control i deal with varune and he guides me so dont be thinkin im the kind to cheap out

i’ve been told the power FC is the way to go for and have already contacted someone about it so is that an ok way to go??

750cc injectors? Do you want the car to idle?

550s would be plenty.

And yes, you need fuel control, and obviously someone to install and tune it.

Any of those mentioned here will work.

SAFC is fine if you already have a turbo ECU. But you’ll never hit the HP numbers you’re looking for on the stock turbo with an SAFC.

BTW, the N62 MAF is only necessary once you’ve already maxxed out the stocker, which you haven’t, and won’t with the stock turbo.

If you were hoping for cheap power, a turbo Japanese 4 cylinder was your first mistake.

ya i was told 550’s were good and i dont have a stock turbo im running an HKS GT2540R witch i was told is good for 350 to 400 rwhp with the supporting mods and im not goin for cheap like i said i know i need a headgasket the N62 MAF the injectors and a Power FC and then a good dyno tune and i have already located all these parts and am workin my way up im not looking for an over nite upgrade this is oviously goin to take me months to get all the parts and have them installed i was just asking what you guys thought would be the ideal set up to make the most power thats what i thought this board was for to get info and help from others not to always be critisized and put down but thanx for all the info and keep it coming

thanx
dan