Insurance coverage questions?

I have a basic geico policy, my question is that if I get in a accident in someone elses car does my policy cover me or does the owner of the cars policy cover me? What happens if I loan my car out to someone who has no policy in there name, will my insurance cover it if they crash it? What about rental cars, do I have to buy there extra insurance everytime I rent or does my policy cover it?

Maybe I will just call geico, but if anyone has knowledge of this stuff I would like to know how it works.

I’m pretty sure you insure your car. So if AKA-Ferrari were to wreck your car, YOUR insurance company would cover it, and it goes against his record.

Otherwise if you had a loan on it, and he didn’t have insurance to cover it, you would have a wrecked car, and no money to fix it. Also the Lien holder would have nothing to Re-po.

X…

i am insured can i drive the poopra?

If you let someone else drive your car, your insurance will still cover it. If you wreck someone elses car, their insurance will cover it. Insurance is car specific, not driver specific.

yep car specific not driver

it depends on state, but most states are car specific, but your insurence should have a waver that will state whether or not it will cover you in a rental, I know state farm does