intake filter

what would be best? to run an adapter plate and open filter? or my stock intake with a drop in k&n filter? this is till i get my hotshot cai

I’d pick whichever one draws the coolest air unless the stock box is REALLY restrictive.

Cheers,
Dan

Being a fellow altima guy (and trying all of em)

>Stock lacks something but gets the job done
>K+N is alright as good as a clean stock filter… hell if you want one i have one (needs cleaning) with recharge kit, didnt notice much of a change in HP or MPG
>Adpater and Cone are pretty good, makes the throttle noise more noticable (had someone tell me my car sounded like a race car once) and is pretty good for power, noticable increase for me and got better MPG

If you want a K+N till you get you intake send me a PM i’ll give you it for cheap (dirt cheap)

But thats my opinion… Hope it helps

Don’t forget, the reason the K&N might not seem to add much is that the filters only add power under wide open throttle conditions. That’s where they make their gains in flow over stock.

CAI’s and SRI’s flow more air all the time than the stock airbox/tubing, so you make much more power overall and without being at WOT. If you can afford it, go with a CAI or have one custom made with aluminum tubing on the cheap!

see all i have is a adapter and filter, just was’nt sure what would be better, i plan on getting some tubing and making it into a short ram with a universal Injen heat shield, but as of now i am not sure on how to connect the alluminum tubing to the throttle body or the mass air flow sensor, any ideas? i know my previouse car just had one of those rubber fittings from the tb to the piping, but that was a neon, a little less complex, not to mention a cheap, slow car.

another adapter plate to the throttle body (migh work…) another to the other side of the MAP sensor and that silcone hose connector between the 2 might work… not sure have to see if any other shit is in the way… oh and then there is that PCV/Intake line to add to your piping…

wait till you have enough money saved up for something permanent. Adapter and filter has always been the best for me. See if you can get a dry filter as opposed to the oil ones

If you do get a CAI watch out for puddles. A 6" deep puddle was enough to toast my first QR25.

thats what i am worried about with the cai, i have found a short ram from injen but it is for the 98-01 models, do you guys thinik this will fit? i have already e-mailed injen, all they said was that they where not sure, i have also found a cheap intake fomr like weapon r or something, but there’s fits the alty from 93-01, so i don’t undertsand

AEM has a bypass you can put in the piping and works perfectly. There was a video of a guy with is intake from an NSX in a tub of water and it ran fine.

Thats… A lot of faith… but heay if it works then why not, seen them around and asked they claim it works great…

Sorry wasn’t a video but an article. Crazy bastard!

yea i have heard of them, would get it if i get the hotshot cai, but was’nt sure if they worked.